Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (Deputy Manager)     15 May 2012

Provident fund

Hello Expert !!

I am  Ex- Employee of Ernst and Young - Mumbai. I am a Nepali Citizen.I worked with that entity for 2.5 years. After resignation from the service i was told that PF regulation/ACT has got changed and i can withdrw my accumulated balance on the early of the following date:

a) Attaining 58 years or
b) Death..

My query is waiting till 58 years is quite long. Is there any way out to encash the PF balance.

Waiting for response.

Learning

2 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     15 May 2012

Dear Ramesh,

You can withdraw the PF amount available in your account anytime after leave an organisation.

However, if you withdraw before completing 5 years a a member of PF then the employer has to deduct TDS and teh PF amount is taxable in your hands as per the Income tax slab you fit in. If you have worked for more than 5 years (i.e. before E & Y and transferred the PF account amount to the PF account at E & Y) then the income tax exemption will be available to you.

Please talk to the HR accounts person in your company and sort out the matter as they will be aware of the same.

If they tell you that the law has changed, kindly request them for a copy of the relevant provision which one can verify.

S Jadhav

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 May 2012

If you have not been working for 2 months after your reisgnation you can withdraw the funds from your PF a/c.

You may submit PF withdrawal forms which you can obtain from local PF office/market to employer by redg/speed post only and obtain confirmation of its receipt from employer even if by email.

You may also demand that account slip/PF accumulation reports for whole period of your employment be supplied to you by redg/speed post only.You may even enclose a self addressed postage prepaid envelope for sending erdg/speed post to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register