Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (AM)     12 May 2012

Use of whitener in sale deed

Hi,

I have bought a flat..

1. In the thumb impression section behind the 1st page of the sale deed (stamp paper) , my initial was wrongly written but later whitener was used to correct the initials..The correction was made before the registration/scanning of the document..Is this an issue? 

[However, In the first page (front side) My name is printed correctly as "S Rajesh Kumar" along with Pan Number without any alteration or correction...]

2.There was also a correction in my Father Name in the thumb impression page (behind the first page) whereby there was spelling mistake in one of the character but later corrected by overwriting before the registration/scanning.

My father name apears correctly in the front side without any correction of spelling mistake.

3. My father name is written as "B Suresh" in the sale deed. However, in my pan card his name apears only as "Suresh" but in my driving licence it apears as B Suresh..Is this fine?

Regards

Rajesh

Learning

5 Replies

Sneha Mishra (Advocate)     14 May 2012

Dear Rajesh,

It is always suggested to be cautious about filling up of any documents, but in case if there is a use of whitener or if there is any overwriting than there should be signature done by the person so that it makes clear that he or she was aware about the mistake.

But sometimes such changes or corrections may create issue in loan clearance.

Adv. Sneha Mishra

Rajesh (AM)     14 May 2012

Dear Sneha,

Thanks for your message. I do agree with you...

This happened in the backside page (thumb impression page) and not in any of the front pages of sale deed.

With regard to the loan, I have bought this flat on HDFC home loan...So I guess this worry is not there..

Only worry is, if at a later date I wish to sell, will this cause an issue?

Regards

Rajesh

Sneha Mishra (Advocate)     16 May 2012

Dear Rajesh,

No there will not be any kind of issue in case of flat resale, as your document is an authenticated document before the Registrar and also must have got scanned.

with regards,

Adv. Sneha Mishra

1 Like

Rajesh (AM)     16 May 2012

Dear Sneha,

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Rajesh

Jitendra Patil   26 March 2024

Sir I made  a sale deed of my flat . When I got the copy of sale deed I noticed that out of 40 pages of deed first 32 pages have been corrected by whitner and remaining pages  are not corrected.

Infuture is there any problem to sell my flat?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register