Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deaffrog (system admin)     29 April 2012

Theft in society falt , is society accountable ?

Hi ,

We had a theft in our flat in society , where the robbers broke into the house that had locks hanging on main door.As per the society rules , the gurad will check and update the status of the such flat in a register.

The loss due to theft was 25 -30 laks in gold , we have not paid maintenance charge of the society since then , almost last 7 months.Society has continously served up notice asking for the amount to be cleared.am i right if i hold society accountable for the theft ,  if the answer is yes , whad legal action can i take so that i can hold society accountable and get relive in paying monthly maintenance chages , that the only way i can think of now to atleast relieve my and family pain.

A police complaint was filed , but we all know we should not aspect anything from them , definately some one was involved from within the society.

thanks ,

Learning

3 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     29 April 2012

you can sue your society separately for the loophole in security beside the complaint lodged in the police.

and society cant not give this excuse that there is non payment of dues from your side thats why they are not providing you the security.

but in no way you can get relief from paying the monthly mantenance of society

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     03 May 2012

I do have sympathy for u but u cannot withhold society's outstandings. U may file complaint against it for the unfortunate loss 

Adv. Sandeep Naik (M0b: 9967056980)

prasad hari chaudhari (vp)     09 May 2012

society is non profit making institution and it is not the duty of the society to provide security to its members. Managing committee members are not the employees of the members of the society to guide the personal property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register