LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Evan (0)     27 April 2012

498a/125crpc & dv & 13 1 (ia)

My wife filed a case u/s.498A in 2004 with allegations of Illicit Affair and Torture .but no allegation of Dowry in the FIR.Allegation of Illicit Affair has not been proven and is also not mentioned in the Chargesheet.then she filed 125crpc case and getting Interim Maintenance since 2004.I filed 13 1 (ia)case in F.C  and that is under progress.She lost the u/s.24 case.She filed DV in 2011 ,November.She is contesting the 13 1 (ia) case.we are seperated since March 2004.charges u/s.406 & 34 have been dropped by I.O after due investigation and even upheld by Hon'bl H.C.

She reconciled with me in 2010(after signing Memorandum of understanding(MOU) drafted jointly by our Lawyers but not put before the Competent court) for 2 months and came back to me but again filed fresh police complaint which was Dismissed by Court after I.O gave clean chit to me and no crime was registered.

1)Can the 498A be quashed as there is no allegation of Dowry in FIR/Chargesheet and even allegation of torture is vague/not specific and filed almost 8 yrs after date of alleged occurence in 1996 (as per FIR).there is glaring contradictions in the content in FIR/125 Crpc case/statement recorded u/s.161 , Crpc/U/S.24 and W/S in 13 1 (ia)cases.Marrage took place in 1996.

2)Is the DV case maintainable after 7.5 yrs as no new cause of action has arisen and she has conealed fact that she reconciled with me in 2010 and agains filed fresh complaint which has been dismiseed by Court,on ground of concealment of fact &/or Limitations of time ?also as she is already getting Interim maintenance u/s.125 crpc case !!!

Please reply with citations.

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     27 April 2012

nope the 498 a can not be qaushed merely on the ground that there is no allegation of dowry,

the absence of dowry allegation is making this case thinkable to court  be true as if intention of plaintiff was only to harash you then why she didnt filed dowry and domestic voilence.

consult good lawyer as it seems that plaintiff side are using diplomatic and manculation expert mind.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     21 June 2012

You can go for quashing of section 498A IPC under section 482 CrPC 1973. It is up to the High Court to scrutinise the merit of the complaint and other related issues. Under section 498A IPC there are diverse opinions of the Supreme Court and the court has directed the law commission to make this section bailable so that innocents are not harassed. Any surmise that the Court would not quash the case is prematured. Yours is a case of hide and seek by your wife. No MOU is done between husband or wife. So whatever you have said, if it is true then it is not only a blackmail but also mockery of the law. Maintenace under section 125 and DV Act simultaneously can not run side by side. However, complaint under D.V Act may be filed with the protection officer by your wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register