LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dev (IT Professional)     22 March 2012

Registration of a newly setup firm which is online only

I am planning to open my own virtual office in the beginning that is on the Internet. However, I would like to register my firm’s name so that people can feel free to do business (such as website designing, for example) with me. 

What are the basic requirements for registering a firm? What needs to be taken care of in case of the firm’s presence being online / on the Internet only and the firm is not having any physical presence such as an office and, therefore, an address?

Besides, I will need a bank account on the firm’s name so that my customers can make a payment. Will the firm’s registration be helpful in that?

One more important thing, I am currently an employee and am starting up this website. I understand that my employment terms and conditions say that I cannot work for any other person/company and cannot enter into any other non-profit activities. So, which will be safe for me- run the business on a family member’s name or on my own name? If I run it on my family member’s name then the firm’s registration will have that name in effect or not?

Besides, I have seen people offering their professional services even though they are employees. For example, a government or private teacher/lecturer gives tuition classes; doctors see patients at their homes/clinics; and so on. So, even if I am not working for some other company, will it be considered something negative by my company if I provide professional services to others?  (This section of my query could be categorized under "Labour and Service Law", if you would suggest me to.)

Please throw some light on the above.

Regards. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register