Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sitharthan (teacher)     13 March 2012

Legal dought

DEAR SIR/MADAM.

WELL AND EXPECTING THE SAME .I AM WORKING AS A TEACHER .RECENTLY MY SISTER PASSED AWAY DUE TO DOWRY HARRASMENT(HER HUSBAND ALIVE).I AM TAKING CARE OF HER DAUGHTER -8YEARS OLD. ACTUALLY I WANT  TO TAKE  INSURANCE POLICY   IN MY NAME AND NOMINEE IS MY SISTER'S DAUGHTER  APPOINTEE MY MOTHER.I HAPPENED TO KNOW THAT   AS PER LAW  "INCASE OF MY DEATH  THE BENIFIT GOES IMMEDIATELY TO MY  WIFE OR  SISTER'S HUSBAND(FATHER OF CHILD) ".BUT THE BENEFIT SHOULD GO TO MY SISITER'S DAUGHTER  OR  MY MOTHER ONLY . WHAT TO DO? PLEASE ADVICE.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 May 2012

Mr.Sithu,

You have to mention the name of the nominee while applying for insurance policy. Therefore the claim amount goes to nominee in absence of you.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     14 May 2012

ur amt will be blocked during minority of sister's daughter. court may not fvr ur mother. better keepn adult person as  nominee. Execute Will, that the amt be paid to sister's daughter on her majority. 

sitharthan (teacher)     05 June 2012

thank u very much rama chary sir & shroff sir

anseladams (Lawer)     07 June 2012

The US Order will be held valid here. As such the earlier girl does seem like some one who can create problems in future but to be on safer side, get an affidavit filed thru a attorney in a court where you reside.

Attorney Albuquerque, Attorney New Mexico

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register