Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhagwan Tolani (Salaried)     12 March 2012

Court notice under payment of wages act

Dear Expert,

Good Afternoon!

I have one query to put here & will be highly obliged if your goodself can give prompt revert on the same.

There was an employee (Sales) who left the company in the month of April 2010 due to non continuation of company's business in his territory.

Further, the then HR personnel had not given him any relieving letter even his immediate reporting office also not given any tetter to terminate his services in his territory due to said reason, only verbally communicated to him that from now onwards this territory has been closed..

I have recently joined this company and received the said legal notice in the name of Director of the company, from the hon'ble court of the said district. (The person's name is reflecting as an appelant)

Kindly suggest me that should I ignore the letter or have to send any representative from North territory of the company, to take date for further hearing.

Waiting for your revert.

Thanks & Rgds

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 March 2012

It is felt that you should not ignore the notice or allow any one to frame some decorated statement.

It shall be better that if you establish contact with the employee and handover his dues e.g. payment of earned wages, reimbursements, notice pay, pending disbursement like incentives, rewards awards etc, FNF statement, form 16, work experience/service certificate, relieving letter, PF number/accumulation reports/withdrawal-transfer forms, gratuity, NDC/NOC etc and assure good reference check obtain acceptance and close the matter.

Your predecessor were engaged in bad HR practices and thought that they can escape. They took away the employment source of livelihood and employee has protested.

Another option shall be to adjust the employee in some other area.

By demonstrating good practices you shall be building rapport and you shall be able to avoid bad publicity and complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register