Share on Email

Share More

v k gupta (ceo)     29 February 2012

Pil

HOW CAN PIL RELATED TO EXAM SYSTEM CAN BE FILED

IS THERE ANY VOLUNTEER TO FILE A COUPLE OF PIL 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 February 2012

Address a letter to the court - the court in its epistolary jurisdiction may treat your letter as a PIL if it finds it merit-worthy. As regards volunteer for filing of PIL ? which state are we talking about ? 

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     29 February 2012

Give the facts posted in the forum and if found fit, certainly we can take up.

kiran (student)     01 March 2012

Even I need to file PIL regarding university and I am collecting materials regarding it. Following is my case against university, This is the scenario in karnataka, I think situation is one and the same in all other states. Learned members should give me some guidelinr=es regarding this. Below is my case regarding PIL.

Supreme Court held that Education Boards and Universities are doing the statutory Duty, but  they are charging heavy fees in name of examination and Revaluation, Challenge Valuation, like a commercial one and making hefty profit out of that. I am collecting information in this regard and I  want to abolish this type of hefty charges levied to Students. 

In Karnataka university and Secondary school boards are taking hefty amount from students. For Example, State Pre University and Secondary examination Board charges 750 to 1000/- Rupees for photocopy of answer scriptts. In Karnataka all boards and universities are having standard answer booklets i.e., 40 pages. If so the charges should be 40 X 2rupees = 80 Rupees + 20 Rupees towards Labor expense + 50 rupees towards Postal charges, totally not more than 150/- Rupees.

In Bihar School Examination Board vs Suresh Prasad Sinha  case Supreme court held that Education boards are doing non commercial statutory duties, if so then why should they collect such hefty fee from the students? Any how whether they do such valuation and photocopy duty or not all the staff are paid same salary amount by Govt. And by UGC in case of university. They should fix the fees with some calculation and reasonably without any profit. The Fee charged is exorbitant way and it is a injustice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register