LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ricky thomas (manager)     17 February 2012

False accusations of rape

if the boy has physical relations with the girl with her consent. the guy never "promised" marriage. but there were talks of marriage in 'we'll see later' or 'maybe' etc terms. the girl has facebook chats as proof, parts of which can be used trickily to make the case stronger. BUT, there is ONE saviour, the guy has proof as call record where the girl accepts that "i liked u, u liked me, i agree there was no committment..." how far can this help ?
and in case an FIR is filed by the girl that "she believed the guy would marry her, so she had physical relations", she may even go on to say "the guy PROMISED(even though it is a lie) to marry me, so i had s*x with him 5 times" . what action will the police take ? and how much time does the boy have to prevent himself from getting arrested ? will the police arrest the guy as soon as the FIR is filed along with the chats?

how can the guy save himself from such false accusations ????

the chats will prove that the girl has consented for s*x, but the guy had deleted the chats, only the girl has the chats with her. she can use parts of the chat which favour her, she will definitely not present the case that she was fully agree for the s*x. (she agreed for s*x in the second meeting itself !!!)
the guy can possibly prove that the s*x was mutual decision and also that there was no committment for marriage, but till then does he remain in jail ?? how can he prevent himself from going to jail ?? is there any chance that he will be saved or will he have to lose his life fighting for justice forever. 

Learning

2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     17 February 2012

If girl makes accusations against the boy, there are no chance to avoid going behind bars but ultimately trial may be inside of boy keeping on the evidence on file.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     17 February 2012

If the girl files the FIR initial action would be arrest and bail would be rejected so it might result in 304 months of jail before the trial starts this is a very henious crime and irrespective of the facts that you say the initial action would be deadly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register