LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amol sharma (Group Manager)     16 February 2012

Divorce

Dear Sir/Madam, I was married in 26th Jan'2008 no dowry exchanged.Wife suffering from Bipolar Deficiency. Gone to her house in aligarh from Lucknow in aug'2008.Had two meeting with my Inlaws in year Dec 2008 and Jan'2010. After no answer sent a legal notice thru my advocate .They filed False 498a,406 and Crpc 125 at Aligarh.Case was transferred to mediation cell,Aligarh District Court . A Settlement was reached in aug'2010 at the court.According to settlement divorce could be taken mutually .But till date they are not ready to give divorce mutually.So I filed for divorce on 31st Oct'2011.The dates were 2nd Dec for WS and 9th for me to appear as told by my advocate.But on 9th other side had taken date of 3rd jan'2012 and then 2 more dates were taken .On 3rd Feb'2012 my wife submitted the WS. My lawyer is saying that issue has to be made and then statement of my wife would be recorded .want to know what is this issue and who prepares it.

Learning

3 Replies

amol sharma (Group Manager)     16 February 2012

But how much time could it take,is there any other law which could be filed foe not agreeing to the settlement done at  Mediation cell of Aligarh District Court.

Tarun (Associate)     16 February 2012

Hello Sir ,

Iam married for last  6 months but looking for divorse now.
Since my wife is  suffering from Schizophrenia; But I currently do not have any proof for it.
I want  to go for mutual divorse.She is  also  willing the  same.
Please let me know what the procedure ,Cost involved in it ,&  time  taken . we do not want to approach the  court .

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     16 February 2012

Divorce cannot be applied for within 1 year of marriage.

Petition for void marriage can be presented within 1 year.

In MCD you need to mention 1 year of separation.

After first petition of MCD,court will give date for second petition after 6 months.

second motion can be between 6 to 18 months of first motion.

After second motion,court will give divorce decree.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register