Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay chandar (Senior Executive)     14 February 2012

Patta issue

Hi,

A peice of land was registered to my name by my father as a part of settlement.

Only at the time of applying for a patta, we found that we had 2 pattas in my father's name for this survey number. first one with old patta number received in 1994 and then a computarised patta received in 2006 with a different number.

Registration was made with the old patta number. Is it not a problem to apply for a patta name transfer (if the survey numbers are fine). Also need to know if it would be better to do the registration again with the latest patta number.

Kindly suggest.

Rgds

Learning

2 Replies

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 February 2012

Dear Sir,

Your need not worry about change of Patta Number, Now you approach the Village admin officer he having all the land records including present patta Number of the Servey field, Patta number is not permanant one for life time it may vary time to time.

vijay chandar (Senior Executive)     19 February 2012

Dear sir,

Thanks for your valuable information.

I have few more clarifications. Could you please help on this regard.

1 gound land registered on Feb 1984 under my father's name (Manappakam, Chennai) was recently registered under my name via settelment. I am planning to construct a house. I have few clarifications before starting.

1. How do I identify if this land is an approved one from the document registered.

2. I got an information from internet, that there is no need for land approval if a land is sub divided before 1989. Is that true.

3. In this case, if I need to apply for land approval. How do I proceed. How much it would cost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register