Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anadi Sharma (Personal Assistant to Secretary)     10 February 2012

Date of birth correction in service records

Dear Forum Members,

I have a querry regarding correction in my date of birth in service records for which I require your valued comments & Suggestions of learned members. 

I am a Central Government Official working in Ministry of S&T (D/oBiotechnology). Erroneously, my date of birth was wrongly recorded in my matriculation certificate (which is treated actual DOB in service records) which is one year more than my actual age (DOB in Service Records is 22.12.1972 while the correct one is 22.12.1974).  At school level my parents tried hard to get it corrected from Directorate of Education & CBSE etc. but the junior school which initially recorded wrong DOB was summoned to show the school records.  But the school authorities never turned back and requested us to not to go ahead in the matter.  Unwillingly, the status quo remained.  But we got a duplicate Birth Certificate form Municipal Corp. of Delhi showing correct DOB.  But that remained useless.

Due to unavoidable reasons, I could not pursue the matter and my DOB is still incorrect.  Now, I want to get it corrected in my service records.  The valid point for my case is that the DOB of my elder sister is 19.12.1973 and my DOB in records is 22.12.1973 which is impossible as two children cannot be born in one year. 

Please give your valued comments & suggestions on this matter for which I will be higly obliged.

ANADI SHARMA

Ph. No. 9810213306 (Email: anadi.sharma@nic.in)

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2012

You have no case unless the matricultion certificate is amended.

kameswarao S (Head HR)     11 February 2012

Yes. Mr.Sudhirkumar is absolutely right, until and unless it is corrected in your matriculation record it canot happen. After 40 yrs. you want to raise & try to correct it may not be possible.

Regards - kamesh

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 February 2012

pRESENT aRMY cHIEF HAS TRIED AND GOT FRUSTRATED.

(Guest)

If you can produce the original birth certificate issued by the municipality of the place where your birth was registered that only can help you to solve the problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register