LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit kumar (hr executive )     04 February 2012

Govt employee suspension

My wife has file 498,406,34 case against me and in her FIR report she has mention my parents name too. Since my mom is into govt job, I will definately will take an AB for her but still if the same gets denied and she is put behind bars does it creates a suspension from her govt job. If yes and then what are the measure which i can opt or she can take in scenarious of arrest to atleast to get her job working.

Learning

11 Replies

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     05 February 2012

Apply for AP and convince the court that she is a lady, govt. employee and there is no prospect of fleeing from justice and would be abide by any condititon that may be imposed by the court and cooperate with the investigating agency. The court will normall grant AB of course with due regard to the gravity of the offence and the prima facie role of the accused.

ravindra (Analyst)     06 February 2012

As per the rules, a government employee is suspended if he or she spends 48 hrs in jail

MARIE at law (Law asst.)     06 February 2012

your full name, where you reside ?your mother"sjob?

i am also govt servant affected by the case i will able to give you correct idea if you need advice contact through

mammalcare58@yahoo.com 

amit kumar (hr executive )     17 February 2012

Thanks all for your replies.

Dipen   13 February 2020

IF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE FOR NON PAYMENT OF MAINTENANCE ORDERED BY MAGISTRATE IS SENT TO JAIL, 

IS IT CRIME ? 

IS THERE ANY PROVISION THAT FOR THAT PREFERED JAIL GOVERNMEMT EMPLOYEE WILL NOT LOOSE JOB..

PLEASE REPLY 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 August 2020

custody beyond 48 hours results in deemed suspension.

Dipen   23 August 2020

Sir,

Only suspension or 

Termination from job ?

If I prefer to go to jail for non payment of maintenance

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2020

Originally posted by : Dipen
Sir,

Only suspension or 

Termination from job ?

If I prefer to go to jail for non payment of maintenance

Did I ever use word "termination"

even on conviction there will be no termination, it will be dismissal from service and if the person has retired (without terminal dues except PF and GIS) it will result in cut of pension.

Even if you prefer going to jail still maintenance will have to be paid after coming out.

Try peaceful solution.  

Dipen   24 August 2020

Thank u Sirji

I m trying for peaceful solution.

Parties r agree too 

Her lawyer is twisting the compromise formula every time and having only malafide intension to harass me as he has lost against me in open court so just to satisfy his ego as I m fighting party in person.

My wife's maintenance is rejected by all courts 

I gave consent for my children maintenance so only ordered for kids.

Now what I can I do ?

If u can share me your contact number.

Thanks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2020

you came with proposal of going to Jail instead of giving mantenanceand you were given rule position on this aspect.

You came with a query on the career of your mother you were given rule position on that as well.

Further it is also for your information that allegations relating to dowry etc are also (besides being criminal charge) are also professional misconduct for govt employee and in such case the deptt has liberty (which normally deptts do not avail) that they can frame departmental chargesheet even during pendancy of criminal case and can pass order of penalty (if charges proved in deptt Inquiry) without waiting for outcome of the court case.  This penalty can be upto dismissal and if employee retired during p;proceeding can result in 100% cut in pension.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register