Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cyberlawyer (barrister)     01 February 2012

Cheating by indonesian seller

Hello members

I am desperately in need of help. My father has paid an amount of 1.5 lakhs to a seller who belongs to Indonesia and sells Amateur radio equipment through alibaba.com. It is a bank transfer. After receiving money he says that we have to pay extra 35000 as tax only then he will deliver the items. This was not a part of the contract and never stated by him before payment but after receiving the money he demands this amount. So we asked him to cancel the order for which he replied only 50% of the amount will be refunded. We even asked him to adjust the items with this amount and deliver the remaining items. He is not willing to do so and says the order has been placed and now they cannot sell the left items to some other person.

We dont mind paying extra Rs.35000, but since we doubt this seller, we don’t know what to do. Recently we found that alibaba.com has removed this seller from their listing as he involves in these types of fraudulent acts. We even booked a complaint through alibaba.com also for which there is no proper response

What to do in this situation friends?. My father and I are lawyers. My father says we have to approach the embassy and also the transferor and the transferee bank, but he started losing hope and says the money is gone. Please tell me what to do, whom to approach to recover the amount from this culprit and to punish him…

He never replies to my father’s emails and I learnt from my father that he has ran away with the money. Please help friends… I am ready to provide more information on demand…

Thanx in advance

Learning

1 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 February 2012

You should have filed a complaint against Alibaba.com

As it gets commissions from the sales, it is liable for the action of people who transact on the site.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register