LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aashish George (lawyer)     22 January 2012

Harrasment by teacher/professor

there is a friend of mine studying in a nursing school. she belongs to sc/st category and has come from a very poor background and thus has worked very hard to get into general nursing diploma course here in delhi. she is constantly harrased and bullied by her female teachers...constantly been shouted at and told that she is not good enough. they even managed to back her one year....she is now in her final term and due her personal relationship, her teacher is threatening to fail her once again and tell her parents. this is driving that poor girl to insanity and also she was now gone into depression and has developed suicidal tendency. in her internals she has been failed by one mark. i am not saying that she is not weak, but she has cleared all her external exams and they only have controll over internal marking thats why they are making sure she fails.

my question is that can we file a suit/ case/ complaint/ writ against the above mentioned teachers? i need all of your help and support in saving this poor girls career and family.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 January 2012

Students can obtain copy of answer sheet written by student under RTI. Principle can reverse the wrongdoings in internal assessment.

If there is indiscrimination student must report to Principle, and then escalate to the University in writing.

If the Psychiatrist has issued prescripttions with proper diagnosis, the student can even lodge police complaint.

SC/ST commission can also help.

It shall also be worth trying thru some local NGO's.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     22 January 2012

She can file a complaint with the State Human Rights Commission under the Scheduled Cast and Tribes atrocities (prevention) act.

vasudevan

well i think its difficult to bring it under ipc or crpc...even if i can get a certificate (which seems very likely, cos i think she has lost it) are you absolutely sure that it can happen? do u have any judgements that i can refer to?

well i think its difficult to bring it under ipc or crpc...even if i can get a certificate (which seems very likely, cos i think she has lost it) are you absolutely sure that it can happen? do u have any judgements that i can refer to?

the sc st think wont work either, one of the teacher is sc st and the principle and the counsellor also is involved in this. they gang up on her cos she is from a poor family and is interested in a boy they dislike. they lecture her stating tht her personal life is hers and then threaten her that if she does not obey them....they will flunk her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register