LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (jao)     21 January 2012

Counting of past service for the purpose of gratuity

I served in Rly for 4 years 9 months and on technical resignation, thorugh proper channel & NOC, i joined in BSNL which is CPSU.  Now i want my past service to be taken on recored in BSNL for the purpose of Gratuity quoting OM No.28016/5/85-Estt.(C) dt.31.01.1986 issued by Dept. of Personnel & Trg which was endorsed by both Min of Rly and Min of Public Enterprise and Rule 37(3) of CCS (Pension) Rules.

But BSNL admn is not accepting the same saying Rule 37 is not operative in my case & OM No.28016/85 is not talking above counting of past service for the purpose of Gratuity in joing dept.

Please advise me in the matter

thanks in advance.

Learning

10 Replies

darshana sawant (associate consultant)     24 January 2012

Dear sir

Gratuity is payable to you by the railways.  Claim your gratuity from them and settle the matter.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 February 2012

Have you made  any representation.

(Guest)

Can you post a copy of the letter by the BSNL denying you the benefit of past service?

chitra gupta (consultant)     07 May 2012

pl. follow the advise of mr.pc dhingra,consultant and ceo.according to rule 37(3)of ccs(pension)rules,i feel this is a fit case for arguing with BSNL,a psu.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 May 2012

KIndly post the copy of letter by BSNL as suggested by learned Mr. Dhingra.

srinivas (jao)     08 June 2015

Sir Kind Attention of Shri PS Dhingra & Kumar Doab I am attaching herewith the letter given by BSNL denying the benefit of past service for the purpose of gratuity. Pl guide me what action I have to take. (apologies for delay) Thanks in advance.

Attached File : 146599 20150608175027 584373558 ksv080615.pdf downloaded: 196 times

srinivas (jao)     17 June 2015

Anybody please respond...............

srinivas (jao)     25 June 2015

if question is not clear i will provide full info once again,

pl respond

jitender vaidya   29 June 2015

i have retired from sports authority of india head office new delhi. i was trying for counting of my previous service of tamil nadu sports council in Sports authority i have put less than five year of service in Tamil  nadu wether i was eligible for gratuity. Sports authority is repeatedely asking to deposit the graduity amount in SAI for counting of service for pensions benefits i am only benefitted in gratuity as it has been raised to Rs.10 lakhs. kindly inform whether i am eligible for gratuity as i have put less than five year of service, if they do not agree what step i should take

jitender vaidya   29 June 2015

i had put less than five years of service in tamil nadu sports council they say i was not eligible for graduity but my prsesent empoyer sports authority of india is asking to deposit gratuity amount with them and only than they can consider my case of ciunting of service for pensionary benefits. my query is whether i was eligible for gratuity at previous service or not and if SAI does not agree and persist for depositing of gratuity what can be done

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register