LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailshail (software engg)     20 January 2012

Wrong startdate in experience letter

I was transferred to India from US in Sept 2001 and started working for a software firm XXX in Noida. I left that firm to join another firm BBB in April 2003 and firm XXX HR Manager also issued a experience letter to me mentioning my start date as 27-OCT-2001.  Firm XXX was takenover by another firm in 2005.

After working for 8+ years in firm BBB, I took offer from firm CCC.

While perfoming check before joining with HR from firm XXX, firm CCC found that experince letter issued to me by firm XXX has my start date as 27-OCT-2001 where as the current HR manager from XXX said that her records shows my joining date as 26-Sep-2001 .

To worsen the facts, old HR manger from firm XXX left and joined some other firm.

I updated about the issue to both old and new HR manager thru e-mail and requested them to issue correct experience letter.

Unfortunately old HR manager showed her inability to help.  I am contantly sending e-mail to current HR manager in firm XXX asking her to provide corrected experience letter but getting no reply.

Without correct information on my experience letter i am suffering big loss and having risk at current employer also.

Requesting to help me urgently how I can get get corrected experience letter from them.

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 January 2012

As per internal records of the company the HR and thus company is terming the DOJ printed on work experience certificate issued by them as wrong. If you are confident that the DOJ printed on the experience certificate issued to you is correct and the one claimed as per internal record of the company is wrong you have all the reason to approach good offices of the company including your appointing authority, Head-HR, MD, Company Secretary and highlight your ordeal and adverse effect on your prospects, employability and ask for correction of internal records and to supply a retraction to all employers to whom false info has been given till date with a copy to you.

If this does not work, you have the option to issue legal notice and proceed legally.

shailshail (software engg)     21 January 2012

Thanks for help.

The dates printed on the experience letter provided to me is wrong, Companys internal records are correct. Please adive how should I proceed in this case? What all options are available?

Thanks for help in Advance. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 January 2012

You should have got the correction done immediately.

Company's has its record intact. The company alone can correct the error. Offer to return the erratic experience certificate in original in exchange for correct certificate in original.

If HR is able to confirm the DOJ during reference check company should be able to issue certificate with correct dates also. If HR is dilly delaying you can take up the matter with good offices of MD, Head-HR.

Resolve amicably.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register