Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shibin varghese (Unknown)     15 January 2012

Threatening in workplace

Hi,

I was working in an IT firm for 2 years and joined new IT organinzation for a specific position as developer. But when I joined the organization, the project manager forced me to took up a position which was not offered when I was hired. He started threatening me by saying he will terminate my employment if I did not took up the position he has given to me. This incident happened in the 2nd week in the organization.

Please suggest me legal methods to safe guard my employment from the manager who was threatening me.

Is there any rules for prevention of such incidents at the workplace?

Please help me out. Because I am helpless.

Thanks,

-- 

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2012

In all probabilities your manager shall not be authority to terminate you. He may have a nuisance value.

In your appointment letter company might have mentioned that you shall be extending your services at the position of...........or for any other duties assigned to you. If the position offered to you at the time of selection is lying vacant you can make a gentle request to your appointing authority in writing under acknowledgment that your qualification, experience, skill and interest is for the position applies by you and offered to you vide appointment letter issued to you and you should be assigned duties accordingly.

If the company does not accede to your request you can submit notice of resignation and separate.

If you are being threatened at work place you can lodge a complaint to your appointing authority, Head-HR, in writing, and if required to o/o Labor Commissioner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register