Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KALAVAMPARA (ADVOCATE)     10 January 2012

Medical leave certificate by ama

Friends,

I want a solution to my problem.

I have been  on extraordinary leave on medical grounds for the last 10 months upto November 2011. EOL for the these 10 months was approved by Leave sanctioning authority based on the medical leave certificate given by Authorised Medical Officer of ISRO under CHSS (contributory health service scheme) (similar to AMA under CGHS)

Now when I applied for extension of EOL on medical grounds for another 1 month for  December 2011 with medical leave certificate from the same AMO ISRO, I  got a memorandum from Sr. Administrative officer ISRO on 3-1-2012 stating that your EOL on medical grounds has not been approved by Leave sanctioning authority (LSA) and hence you have to  report for duty.

My doubt is why my EOL is not approved? Everybody living nearby to my house knows that I am not well. This memorandum has now aggravated my illness. I replied that I am now unable to report for duty.

I think the LSA has acted in an unfair manner. What action I can take against LSA?

Any body can give a solution?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2012

It is felt that since you have been on leave for 10 months which is significantly long period your leave sanctioning authority has raised his hands and has forwarded the matter to adminstration to take a call on extension on your leave. Adminstration has conveyed its decision to you.

Reason of your sickness, diagnosis, current situation of your health needs to be properly informed to the concerned official now i.e. Sr. Administrative officer, Leave sanctioning authority and other authorities.

In certain situations the authorities  can be requested to examine the employee at home in all fairness or be referred to any doctor appointed by authority. This can  otherwise be asked by the authotity also.

You can try by sending some of your representative e.g. your spouse, brother, sister etc to the authority and update them on situation of your health. Later you can place the visit on record in writing.

Kindly look into your appointment letter and  it might have been mentioned that in case of prolonged absence from duty due to reasons..........including prolonged sickness the contract can be terminated. Termination during medicalleave can be a bad order.

Kindly make a proper representation to the authority in writing under acknowledgment.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register