Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     10 January 2012

Went to get bail, got comedy circus instead..

My case was going on in the CAW cell. I got a call from the PS to come and meet. They told me that my case has come to the PS and they gave me a letter according to pre arrest notice I had got earlier from the court saying they will lodge an FIR after two days. Based on this I applied for bail. The judge asked the IO what is the basis of FIR. The IO said that she is not sure what to make the FIR on. Then he asked the state counsel what are the allegations and what sections she wants to charge. To which the PP said she is not sure what section to charge. The judge got angry at IO and PP and asked them if they are not sure about FIR and sections why the hell did they give the pre arrest notice. And he passed an order that the pre arrest stands as is of two days and after the FIR is filed they have to wait for 15 days to arrest me. At this the PP said that since I was appearing as my own counsel for bail, she was not sure what to do. To which the judge shouted that enough of this nonsense and next time they better have proper grounds to charge me on. All the lawyers sitting in the court at the back started laughing at this. Was just wondering since I argue my own cases and am not a lawyer. Are all bail cases a comedy circus like this or was it just just mine? Any thoughts?

Learning

14 Replies

(Guest)

2 Days + 15 Days (17 Days) are time for you to get Bail.
and watch the Fun (Comedy Circus) :)

1 Like

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience as mine?
1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 January 2012

ur case was comedy circus because of the opponents' mistake.

It is not always so !!

Thanks @ smile and amit. Actually it was a lawyer sitting behind me who started laughing and said "ye kya comedy circus tamasha hai". If it was opposition generated mistake, basically it was state vs me, so it was state mistake, wonder what kind of idiots are there in the state counsel, I mean if they were not certain about their case what was the need to serve me with the pre arrest notice in the first place.. They should have waited and made their case stronger..

i remember Shonee mentioned PURSIS in one thread.

see, if this helps you.

What is PURSIS? @ amit

perhaps, it is something preventing injustice

Originally posted by Shonee Kapoor : 

There is a thing called Pursis.

Whenever next time the judge wants you to write something, just write all the facts of that day and put a court fee of Rs. 2/- and give it to judge,

Also in each pursis, mention that you request for a date of 15 days or so.

Then take all these (3-4) of them and take it to session court. HC for change of court.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Sorry@amit. I don't see the relevance of pursis in this case? Thanks for explaining the meaning though..

Ok. I think the judge mentioned in the order that the state served me with the notice but were not sure about their case, short of actually inferring collusion and incompetence of the state, he was very scathing of the state in his order.. Since the judge has captured the whole drama in the order, I don't think pursis is needed in this case, but thanks anyways.. :-)

cm jain sir (ccc)     11 January 2012

Gud Mirage, U  r really MIRAGE.

my 498a case is totally absurd and bunches of falsity. My parents got the AB easily but my AB was rejected stating the reason that i have not appeared in Councelling in CAW. But everywhere i have seen that appearing in councelling is an individual choice and not appearing due to some reason is not a crime. Anyway i got it in Apex court. But it looked me funny!

Best wishes.

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     11 January 2012

I have some lawyer friends who told me that the state was trying to scare me so I fork out some money to my wife and they can get their cut.. Once if they file the FIR it can't be withdrawn easily, and their cut becomes more difficult to get. Still I don't understand why give a pre arrest notice if they were not going to file FIR. They could have tried the scare tactics without that also. Not that I would get scared in the slightest.. Funny people and funny stuff they do.. ;-)

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 January 2012

Pursis has no role in this case.

However good for you Mirage.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     19 January 2012

I thought so regarding pursis. I think because I have submitted my medical reports to the court and police, which show 20% permanent brain damage, I think it would be illegal for three police to arrest me, according to the Prisoner Act 1900 and the Prisoner Act 1985 amended. Maybe that is why they are not arresting me. Or they are total idiots anyways. Thanks @ shonee, and congrats buddy for getting back your son if what I read in other forums is correct.. :-)

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 January 2012

Thanks Mirage,

What you read is correct.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register