Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uma Maheswara (consultant)     09 January 2012

498a and chargesheet-rti

Dear Experts,

My wife has filed a 498a case in Rayagada Distric, Orissa state against me and my parents on 19-May-2010, after 1year of marriage. I was kept in police custody for 8days and later released on personal bond, while my parents got bail. We are issued summons in Oct 2010 to appear before the magistrate in Rayagada and had appeared. I would like to know:

1. Is there any time limit to file the chargesheet in 498a cases?
  2. Should the police file the chargesheet before issuing the summons?
  3. The police had not provided/shown the chargesheet to us, how to obtain the same? can I apply the same thru RTI?
  4. In case of RTI application, whom should it be addressed to?

Request you to kindly provide me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Learning

2 Replies

ravindra (Analyst)     09 January 2012

1. Is there any time limit to file the chargesheet in 498a cases? (No Time limit)
  2. Should the police file the chargesheet before issuing the summons? (Police files chargesheet in court)
  3. The police had not provided/shown the chargesheet to us, how to obtain the same? can I apply the same thru RTI? (You can call to IO who is handling your case and ask the same or u can file RTI saying information regarding chargesheet and date of filing chargesheet in court)
  4. In case of RTI application, whom should it be addressed to? (You can apply to Deputy Comm of Police The Public Information Officer)
  5. Thanks
  6. Ravindra Sonavane

vicky (Executive )     10 January 2012

I think you can take the copy from court by paying court fees and fill form.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register