Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayachandran (S/W Engineer)     26 December 2011

Settlement between my father

Hi Al,

I am not sure whether the below query is an appropriate one or not in this forum, but since its concerned with family i post it here.

The query is as follows.

I have been loving a girl for the past 7 years and i wish to marry her. My parents are not at all agreeing for the marriage. I am willing to proceed and marry her. My parents are asking for a deed for agreement, (in other words a final settlement deed), in which i(also my spouse) should write and give a settlement such that i will not have any relationship with my parent's property in future, and also that i will not ask for any share in the property whatsoever happens.

I am ready to do this, but i dont know how to proceed. Is it enough to write and give in a non-judicial stamp paper or is there any law format using which i need to settle this.

Can anyone please advice on the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Jai.

Learning

4 Replies

Self service (None)     26 December 2011

You don't need to do any thing. If your parents don't want to give you any thing they have to do what they are expecting from you. In life time any way no one claim share.

Master Warrior (AOR)     26 December 2011

Except for inheritance property. I'm not sure what forms you need but any judgment against you could attach to property your parents inherited, unless proven beforehand that you have no interest (such as the agreement you mentioned)

Akash (a)     27 December 2011

Hello Jayachandran,

I assume that your problem is still open and hence the reply.

My suggestion is to simply ask your parents to have the necessary documentation prepared. The final draft can be shared with you and  you will sign the finalized document. At max you can offer to pay for the expenses.

This way you save most of the iterations required as your parents would know what all they wish to include.

Cheers and be happy.

Akash

dipender kumar (advocate)     27 December 2011

As you yourself are telling that you want to relinquish the property rights, if you have any on the property, simply write it on a piece of paper and give it to them.  If they are not satisfied, then let them draft a one for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register