LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Max Payne (Manager)     22 December 2011

Catholic divorce - need suggestion

My wife and I are Roman Catholics married in April 2009. We have been staying separately since May 2010 due to irretreivable differences. Today my wife is wanting to come back, but I CANNOT stay with her and the main reason being, she was s*xually hyperative and used to force me everday..even used to abuse me the day I dont satisfy her..

I have no emotional attachment towards her and I'm very happy staying alone, however i cannot lead a life like this. My wife is not willing for a divorce and wants to stay by herself I dont unite with her...

She earns around 20K and I earn around 80K per month.. I feel her parents want me to file for divorce so that they can claim a hefty compensation.

Is there a way to resolve this amicably? How can I get divorce and not pay alimony? Please advice

Learning

8 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     22 December 2011

demand for excessive s*x is cruelty.

u may use this ground for divorce.

here is the link to the SC judgemtns news

https://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-10-21/india/28221039_1_cruelty-divorce-hindu-marriage-act

Dear Amit,

can i file for divorce on this ground after 2 years of separation? will the court accept my plea? and how will I be able to prove? will this judgement be applicable to christians also? please assist,

My wife is not willing for a divorce and wants to stay by herself I dont unite with her...

So it will be contested divorce = not easy (rather the most difficult thing) to obtain.

Is there a way to resolve this amicably? How can I get divorce and not pay alimony?

Try to discuss this issue with her amicably (but seems that she wont agree for divorce). 

first of all - if its contested divorce, it will take 5/8/10 ... n number of years.

if u get successful proving her cruelty, thats the easiest (of all other available) way.

Someday I know I will get a divorce..then why does it take so many years?

Someday I know I will get a divorce..then why does it take so many years?

Someday I know I will get a divorce..then why are u in so much hurry ?

Max Payne (Manager)     23 December 2011

Wasting so many years waiting for judgement makes no sense..rather husband and wife amicably depart or court decides the marriage doesnt work and grants a judgement soon so that we can start a new life..

Lets close this discussion..I will consult a good lawyer and fight for my freedom.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     23 December 2011

Lets close this discussion..I will consult a good lawyer and fight for my freedom.

That is the only practical thing you can do !!

All The Best !!!

(Guest)

Its a Cruel .........cruel world .Try to gain knowledge as much as possible reading ,discussing debating which would help you in knowing the laws apart from getting a good lawyer if you dont wont to be taken for a ride by anybody .Always go for step wise payments of your lawyer and not for a one time payment .God knows you may have to change your lawyer if you are not happy with his way of fighting your case . Last but not the least be prepared for a long...long  and frustating battle in court .Its not like what they show in movies :-).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register