LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satya (Manager)     01 December 2011

Deletion of wife name from joint property

I have a house owned by me and my wife. Actually I applied for plot in a lottery in the name of my wife and she was successful in that lottery. At the time of pssession we made that joint property. She do not have income and she applied for maintenance under section 24 of HMA. She tried to get direction from court to allow to stay her mother in this house but hon1able court not allowed her for the same and rejected her application. Now I want submit an application in court to delete her name from property as she do not have any income and even she applied for maintenance also. Whether I may do this ? Please tell me under which law I may proceed the matter in court?

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

wah...you are really very selfish.It is her luck that you own this property..now try to delete her from documents?u cant do this...because it was gifted her by lottery.

(Guest)

@Satya.

I dont know what to write..she has only asked for maintenance.under a civil law HMA 24..and wants her mother to stay.she must be in need..without money, without job..with an aged mother,..she has not filed 498A, 125 Crpc or Dv...

Remember, if she wants..she can forcibly take part of this property from you...this is the law of the land...wifes are filing 498A sending husbands to jail and then forcibly taking away property...your wife is asking a bare minimum...

If she would have filed these cases..you would not have been thinking about removing her name...YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN RUNNING LIKE SOMEONE HAS PUT A ROCKET PROPELLED GRAINADE IN YOUR ASS...and your questions in the forum would have been totally different....

I am in support of this lady...please support her ....HELP HER OUT

Gautam

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 December 2011

On an application court cannot delete her name. If you want delete her name then you will have to file a declaration suit but if your wife produced the document that she had got it in the lottery then your case will be failed.

(Guest)

DOCUMENTARY PROOFS WILL BE ONLY COUNTED.THERE MAY BE DOCUMENTS OF HER GETTING IT IN LOTTERY..BUT DO YOU HAVE PROOF THAT YOU HAVE BOUGHT THAT LOTTERY TICKET..DON'T CHEAT ANYBODY.

(Guest)

forget her name she may delete your name...

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 December 2011

You can not do anything about this property, she would always remain 50% share holder.

Don't spend your energies here and there, fight case on merits.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

(Guest)

follow gautam and Shonee Kapur's advice

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 December 2011

Advise her to get your name deleted, which she can but you CANNOT, despite the fact she is non-earning

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register