LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghvendra Nath (Managing Director)     29 November 2011

Stamp duty franking expired

I had purchased a property in Maharashtra. The agreement was franked with the stamp duty in June 2010.

I never registered the property. Now the builder says that the stamp duty has expired and I will have to frank the document again.

My questions to the experts are -

a. What is the rule for expiry.

b. How do I recover this duty from the government.

I would appreciate if someone can guide me on this.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Sir,

Your document franked at Jan, 2010. As per law, a stamp duty of state becomes expired after six month from buying or paying it to State Government. Your amount of Stamp duty has already been deposited in Treasury Office at that time, hence it has got expired on July, 2010.

2. In order to recover amount of stamp duty, you have to confer / contact immediately to Treasury office of the district where you had purchased stamp / made franking. You can get amount.

2 Like

Raghvendra Nath (Managing Director)     29 November 2011

Thank you so much for the reply.

It is very helpful.

Since the builder is from Pune and I am in Mumbai, do you also know someone who can get this done.

You can contact me directly at raghvendranath@hotmail.com

Thanks again.

shashikant (software engineer)     08 December 2011

Hi,

Did you get  your stamp duct back?

What is the process to apply for it?

Regards,

Shahikant.

shashikant (software engineer)     08 December 2011

Hi,

What is expiry of document franking? I did document franking on 10 September when it will get expired?

There is any process to extend expiry date or cancel the franking?

Regards,

Shashikant

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     09 December 2011

Dear Mr. Raghvendra Nath,

Is your agreement signed by both of you?

If yes put the date within six months of franking and register it by making a confirmation deed - you need not go for refund it is a very cumbersome process.

if unsigned sign it, put the date within six months of franking make a confirmation deed and then register it.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     09 December 2011

Dear Shashikant,

Your franking in september will expire within six months but it can be used for any transaction during the 6 months period if done so and adequate stamp duty not paid then penalty at the rate of 2% (maharashtra) per month.

Girish   02 February 2016

Ine co op housing formed for developing our area has given me a consent for decelopment form. This form is franked by rs.100/- and they mentioned that i/we would not like to return this consent back. What is meaning of this lines. I have question that should i have to fill this form or not.

Ine co op housing formed for developing our area has given me a consent form for decelopment area. This form is franked by rs.100/- and they mentioned that i/we would not like to return this consent back. What is meaning of this lines. I have question that should i have to fill this form or not.

Ine co op housing formed for developing our area has given me a consent form for decelopment area. This form is franked by rs.100/- and they mentioned that i/we would not like to return this consent back. What is meaning of this lines. I have question that should i have to fill this form or not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register