Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dineshdave (Director)     25 November 2011

Tenency rights

Sir, could somebody give me the right anwer,

We are staying in a rented apartment in santacruz, mumbai since the year 1984 and continue to stay till date. Prior to us, my uncle's family was staying in it since begining. Even though we are paying the rent in cashregularly, the rent receipt is issued in the name of my Grandmother and aunt, and the and landlord till last has continued to give receipts on the same name. We have our ration card, telephone bills, passport etc all mentioning the address of the above apartment. In the year 1982, my uncle shifted to new residence at Carter Road, where the flat is in the name of my aunt. Till date, neither the landlord, or my uncle has ever objected to our stay. 

Now the previous landlord has sold this property to another builder. We want that in future the rent receipt to be issued in my fathers name. Does our stay in the flat be termed as illegal. Can the new landlord ask us to evict the flat. What else can happen. Please suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

subodhkumar (proprietor)     12 December 2011

you in the first place should have objected the sale to other party you should have opted to purchase the property now you have to wait until the new person speak to you about this .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register