Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shital (Asstt)     23 November 2011

Property dispute

Respected Sir,

My Grandfather had two wives, first one expired leaving behind her only son (my father), and second wife had 2 sons and 3 daughters.  My Grand father had a house in chawl in Mumbai and some agricultural land along with a house at our native place.  My second grandmother stayed there with her 3 daughters and youngest son in village and my father and my uncle stayed in Mumbai house along with my grandfather.  After the death of my grandfather that house was transferred on my father’s name after obtaining no objection certificate from my grandmother and 2 uncles. Now, this house in chawl went into redevelopment project from MAHADA in 1992 where against our house in chawl they were allotting 180 area but my father went for 290 area where my father and mom had paid for the extra 110 area.  My father had mentioned legal heirs as my mother, 3 sisters (including me), 1 brother, and my youngest step uncle who was living in village.  After my father’s death we transferred this redevelopment house on my mother’s name (fulfilling all legal matters from MAHADA along with full settlement of remaining instalments).My Father died when we were doing our schooling and my mom used to go for doing massaging of new born kids other than her income there was no source of income to take care of 4 children’s education so she decided to give this house on rent and on that house only we have completed our education and now we 3 sisters are married too. As my youngest step uncle died unmarried he nominated my brother as his legal heir.  Now my step grandmother had come to Mumbai leaving that agricultural land and house barren since no one is there to look after her in village. My Mom helped her financial whenever she gave that house on rent and even many times she has taken care of her.  My uncle denied to keep her in his own house and now she is staying with her daughter where my uncle is helping out financially.  My uncle, grandmother and 3 aunts are   now claiming their share in the Mumbai house property and are harassing and torturing my mother to sell out that house.  I just want to request you to guide me whether my uncle, grandmother and 3 aunts have their share in this property when my grandmother and my uncle’s have given no objection at the time of my father occupancy over that house and then after on my mother’s name.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register