Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjib das (officer)     22 November 2011

Urgent suggession needed

Dear Sir,

I have purchased a plot of land from Mr.X in the year 2008 but later I found that he has already

sold the same plot earlier to another person prior to selling the same to me.I have,in the meantime,

mutated the land in my name in Block land revenue  records and obtained mutation certificate.Now,the first purchaser wants to transfer his rights to me for a consideration of Rs.2,00,000/- .

Now,I wish to know the mode of transfer as to whether

1) I have to pay stamp duty all over again.

2) Is it possible that I may obtain a power of attorney from him and then gift the same to my wife?

3) Can I make him confirming party in the earlier deed and thereby avoid stamp duty.

4) Any other means so that I may not have to pay stamp duty twice for the same plot of land.

Your early response is solicited.

Yours Sincerely,

Sanjib Das.

Learning

3 Replies

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     22 November 2011

If your name appears after the mutation procedure then you already have and hold the land. the previous dealing need not come in to picture.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 November 2011

Dear Sanjib das,

Mutation does not confer any rights on the property.It is only for revenue purposes only. Pl go for a valid sale deed with the proper stamp duty , in order to obtain clear title

vikas (project manager)     23 November 2011

Dear Sir,

I want to Purchase Agriculture land in Maharashtra ,but i am not a farmer my father is also not a farmer ,but how can i be a farmer and buy the land.

Regards

vikas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register