Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala (Software Engineer)     20 November 2011

Claim over natural father ancestral property

Hi All!

My grandfather was adopted to another person. Now we came to know his natural father has lot of ancestrol property left behind. Now my question is, in law it states once adopted looses rights over natural fathers property. Now my question is does the same thing applies even to natural fathers ancestral property. Any help on the same is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Balaji Kamal Kannadassan

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Your question is not clear.On the baisis of the material given by you following things may have happened:

1. Your mother divorced your natural father and alienated him from your society by poisoning your mind and as such you never tried to meet your natural father.

2. As an adult when you came to know that he had lotsa property, now you want that share.

No,you are not entitled to any share. Your father out if disgust might have got himself adopted to some person so that your mother may not use you as an intrument to usurp his property. Your question seems to be sugesting this scenario in which case you better forget your natural fathe's property or detail your query.

Bala (Software Engineer)     21 November 2011

I have said it relating to my grandfather and nothing to do with my mother or father they are doing good no issues. Please refrain from talking abt my parents I am talking abt my grandfather and his ancestral property.

Lets assume my grandfathers father is Person X, Its like my grandfather had around 7 brothers and he was the only one got adopted as a child from Person X to Person Y.  Now we came to know that the Person X's father has left lot of properties, now my question is can we have a claim on the same ?. I.e can my father claim a share on the same ?.

(Guest)

I apologize for not understanding your question. I meant no offense.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 November 2011

What was the age your grandfather got adopted...? If he had been legally adopted before attaining 15- the answer is you cannot make any claims, or else you can file for a partition suit

1 Like

Bala (Software Engineer)     22 November 2011

The problem is no legal documentation of his adoption. Its done by word of mouth apart from that nothing. But the problem is my grandfather is a great writer and in one of his book he claimed that he has been adopted but no proof of when he was adopted. Please let me know on the same.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     22 November 2011

Dear Bala,

you may contest, but the result will be left to judicial discretion and the conduct of parties in course of time to prove your point.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register