Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

General person (Job)     07 November 2011

Hindu muslim marriage act

Dear Sir,
Greetings !

Subject: Inter Religion court marriage

My name is Mamta, a Hindu girl of 28 yrs of age and my boy friend is of 35 years, a Muslim. We both are working. We want to marry each other. We both are not much religious. We have taken decision of marriage. Our both families are not ready and against for this marriage. I have my all ID proofs from Haryana and he has from U.P. I have been living in Gurgaon since 2 years. But any of us does not have any address/ ID proof of same State/Delhi.

How can we get married? And how can we marry so that our parents can not stop our marriage?
Kindly let us know the procedure of a registered marriage and how will it cost?

Learning

18 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 November 2011

Without changing your religions, you both can get married under Special Marriage Act.  There are certain modifications in the rules of Delhi State recently and visit Delhi Govt. Web Site and I hope you both can get married in Delhi by showing temporary residence proof.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     08 November 2011

Madam, Special Marriage Act can be applied in your case. But in Islamic laws as well as in a judgement of Allahabad High Court the marriage of a Hindu girl with a Muslim boy is not valid if the Hindu girl does not convert herself to Islam. Nikah between a hindu girl and a muslim boy in such cases is invalid and deprives the children of their inheritance in the family property as well as in many other ways. It is what the law says. However, there is no bar under Special Marriage Act.

General person (Job)     08 November 2011

Hello. Thanks for the reply !

Can you tell me where do we need to contact regarding the matter?

Hello,

Can i know what are the terms and conditions of Muslim Marriage laws? How many marriages a muslim can do. What about the permission from wife? can a husband go for another marriage without permission? All my queries are concerned about security in marriage to a female, specially if it Hindu girl

Give me ur email id. However my qs is:

Dear Sir, Greetings ! Subject: Inter Religion court marriage My name is Mamta, a Hindu girl of 28 yrs of age and my boy friend is of 35 years, a Muslim. We both are working. We want to marry each other. We both are not much religious. We have taken decision of marriage. Our both families are not ready and against for this marriage. I have my all ID proofs from Haryana and he has from U.P. I have been living in Gurgaon since 2 years. But any of us does not have any address/ ID proof of same State/Delhi. Now my qs are: How can we get married?H How can we marry so that our parents can not stop our marriage? What ID proofs do we have to submit as we donot want to sumit our permanent address proof Kindly let us know the procedure of a registered marriage and how will it cost?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 November 2011

Dear Mamta

under Special marriage Act you both can be marry to each other but some requirnment would be fulfilled.

secondely if you are ready to convert in Islam then both of you can marry according to Islamic Law but SC held recently that for marries perpose if anyone convert his/her religion then the marriage is not valid. conversion without faith is not valid.same is for boy if he is ready to convert in hindu then convert and follow the hindu law for marriage.

contact sub registrar office Gurgaon and got all the information regarding SMA, regarding documentation.

feel free to call

we both do not want to convert our religion. kindly tell info regarding special act

Dr G V Rao (Advocate)     08 November 2011

Please discuss this with your prospective husband since for all that i have experienced, such kind of marriages will by performed as per Muslim rites after your conversion to Islam. The application of Special Marriage Act in HINDU-MUSLIM marriages is very rare. This is a widespread phenomena happening with Hindu girls falling in love at first and then getting converted. Further don't enter into marriage with doubts of him getting married again. Leave that to your destiny.

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     08 November 2011

There are three options for your marriage.

1) You can marry under special marriage Act. To register this marriage the Sub-Registrar office where the bride or bride groom is sufficient.

But when you have no proof in Delhi and you are fear of your parents.

then 2 options

2) A muslim can convert to hindu by Arya samaj and both of you can marry as per hindu rites and custom.

So you can register your marriage at the place of marriage.

or

3) the Hindu can convert to muslim and the marriage done by the khaji and the certificate issued by him is valid and sufficent.

For details:

K.P.Satish Kumar M.L.

Advocate:Chennai:9962999008

web:- https://myadvocate.wordpress.com

Dear all who are replying and suggesting a solution, one is cleared to u. Only and only give possible and easiest solution in Special Marriage Act. No need to conversion of Religion. Kindly do not provide optional solutions but just give the best possible way to marry.

Dr G V Rao (Advocate)     08 November 2011

This is to be made clear to Ms Mamta. When u post a question in this forum, u will get all types of suggestions. Further your latest contribution today at 22:04 hrs is offensive. The experts here are not here bcoz they have no other work, but they are here for a noble cause to advice. So if you can't accept some suggestions, pls dont accept but don't use such language. Your latest contribution sounds as if it is an ORDER and not a request. If such is the situation, I fear not many would like to advice u.

General person (Job)     09 November 2011

Can anybody tell what OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE has been used here?? If i have uploaded a very clear picture of my case and talked to the point, i would be expecting suitable suggestions. It's always better to be clear rather than getting disappointing replies. Anybody who does not want to suggest solution that's his/her wish.

All possible suggestions are appreciable !!!

Thanks

Dr G V Rao (Advocate)     09 November 2011

Mr Nadeem happened to read your comment that "SC held recently that for marriage purpose if anyone convert his/her religion then the marriage is not valid. conversion without faith is not valid.same is for boy if he is ready to convert in hindu then convert and follow the hindu law for marriage". Can you share the citation with us all. thanks.

Dr G V Rao (Advocate)     09 November 2011

Sorry that you got disturbed. I read your comment in response to K P Satish Kumar. I reproduce the same here with the words in bold which appeared offensive to me.

Dear all who are replying and suggesting a solution, one is cleared to u. Only and only give possible and easiest solution in Special Marriage Act. No need to conversion of Religion. Kindly do not provide optional solutions but just give the best possible way to marry.

Such words as 'cleared to u' and 'do not provide......' appeared offensive. Either way I regret suggesting this to you. good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register