Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Justin Raj (Proprietor)     03 November 2011

Urgently need help to get info from icici bank

Dear friends,

Sorry, this is a long story.. I am not sure if anyone can help.. but at least you will all be aware of the shrewedness of ICICI bank looting and harassing its clients.

I have opened a current account with ICICI bank in Trivandrum in 2003. I have visited the branch personally and an executive assisted me in the process of opening the account.  The executive himself had filled up the application, attched all the necessary documents. All I had to do was to sign at appropriate places shown by this executive. As my registered office was in Trivandrum and operations could be from other cities also, I had to opt for a "silver' category account which is a "Roaming Current Account"  which facilitates operation from Any city in India, and "pay at par cheques" can also be issued.  In this category,  I was supposed to maintain a minimum quarterly balace of Rs.50,000. I had issued a cheque for Rs 50,000 from my savings account in IDBI branch for the first transaction. The account was opened and was operational.

I was functioning from Goa at that time. The transactions were very good as I was in tourism business and there was a lot of inward remittances from abroad as foreign currency as tourists used to book tours through me from various countries.

After another year, I opened a fixed deposit for Rs 615,000 and it was linked to my current account. By this time business happened to get tangled with a litigation and was frozen. I and my business got implicated in a criminal case initiated by a foreign national whom I employed under my sponsorship in India. With her bribes a police official advised her to file the criminal case and using the case, the police gave instruction to the bank to freeze the account. I had around Rs 20,000 as last balance when the account was operative. As the FD was linked to my current account, bank refused to release the amount even after completion of its 1 yr term.  I happened check my bank statements and noted that there was a deduction of around Rs 7400/quarter for 4 times in an year. I called up the manager and asked for explanation. He informed me that it was for non maintanence of quaterly balance of Rs.500,000. I told him, I was supposed to maintain only Rs 50,000 as my account is only "silver" category. He said, not its "Gold" so I need to maintain Rs.500,00 quarterly. I was shocked.. I sent numerous mails to them asking for clarification but none of them replied to me with a satisfactory answer. They kept telling me that my account is in "Gold" category. I asked them why this amount was not deducted in the first year as I did not maintain the said Rs 500,00 quarterly.. there was no explanation. I asked them to show me any communication from my part to upgrade my account.. no answer...  they have stolen all the money in the account... As the litigiation with my business matter is in High Court in Kochi still, the account is still non operative. The balance has gone into minus as they kept deducting this amount. In connection with the litigation, the bank was also a party. Using this chance, I asked for the copies of the "application for opening the account" which I signed at the time of opening the account. The lawyer from the bank's side deposed before the court that it was misplaced.. can you beleive it???

I have approached munsif court Trivandrum asking for an interim injuction against freezing my account. The account was frozen in connection with the ongoing litigation. Court passed an order in favour. Order was for "stopping the freezing of the current account till the disposal of original suit ". The bank lawyer rejected the court order saying,  "it does not specifically instructs the bank to unfreeze the already frozen account. It states only not to freeze account, but not to unfreeze" .. what a twist!!! I approached the court again. Judge asked us to file a "prosecution petition" against the bank officials. Then the bank's lawyer came to us peading and begging not to do it.. we showed little humanitarion consideration, but they were buying time, they nformed the opposition party of my case about our movements and helped them to implede into the case and the case was prolonged. ICICI is a bunch of crooks who steal money and harass people.

As these details are very important for my case, I am in need of obtaining all the details pertaining to my current account in ICICI bank. I am pretty sure that the bank had plalyed some dirty tricks with my account and doesnt want to part with the documents. I want advice from you how to go about it... thanks in advance..

rgds

Justin

Learning

13 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     03 November 2011

you should have after issue of legal notice filed a complaint against ICICi bank for deficiency in service

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 November 2011

“I asked for the copies of the "application for opening the account" which I signed at the time of opening the account. The lawyer from the bank's side deposed before the court that it was misplaced.”

“Court passed an order in favour. Order was for "stopping the freezing of the current account till the disposal of original suit ". The bank lawyer rejected the court order saying,  "it does not specifically instructs the bank to unfreeze the already frozen account. It states only not to freeze account, but not to unfreeze" .”

Do you have the lawyer’s statements in writing, or its certified copies from court?

Obtain these and you have your solution. This time you should not adopt humanitarian approach and should rather give them a good beating.

You can also report the conduct of this lawyer to bar council.  

You can write to the nodal officer/Chairperson of the bank for certified copies. YOu can raise RTI application to RBI.

bank's lawyer never gave anything in writing.. this information was passed to me through the manager of the bank. When I insisted them to give the reason in writing he said he will consult the legal team and get back to me. When we produced the injunction order, the manager said, okay, let me take this to bank's legal counsel then I shall get back to you. It took them 2 months to get back with the reason for not allowing the operation of the account as per court order. They were simply buying time.. they contacted the police officer, he took time to trace the complainant with whom he was connected... then they found another lawyer and impleded into the case. Bank was playing with them..  if the bank truly stood  for its customer, they could've relleased my money, I would've continued with my business and it couldv've been beneficial for the bank also. Unfortunately, they play the wrong game, I lost my business, money.. still fighting the case... bank manager was thrown out on corruption charges connected with some other issue. 

okay... if I can obtain the necessary documents though the RBI under RTI, that will be great..

thnx I shall try that.

Bank has made a pass on you. Kindly try by submitting representation to the Chairperson of the bank and RTI to RBI.

"Judge asked us to file a "prosecution petition" against the bank officials." You slipped over the opportunity.

This time you listen to your lawyer and bash and blast the bank. Kindly act as per legal advice and let your lawyer structure all letters and transactions.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 November 2011

Kumar Doab is rightly opinioned follow him

Manukant Sharma (Consultant)     05 November 2011

The details mention by U is just a story and send me some documentry evidence in support. I asure U I can solve yr problem because I am consultant of banks call me @ +91 8439215386 and manukantsharma@gmail.com

icicibankcare (Bank)     05 November 2011

Hi Justin,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please email us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and we will get back to you at the earliest.Kindly refer "2387787" in the subject line.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

JAVED AHMED (Sr. Relationship Manager)     06 November 2011

dear frnd in apliction of acount opening tere is top side colm of typ of acount were u wish to take u have to sign take the copy of that whenevr they open acout they take kyc docmet with signd apliction they scan that in there system, i was employ of the icici. if they do neglat to give doc then contact ti ombadsman of icici and ombadsman of rbi they will asist u tall with bothe and folow to rbi ombadsman

Justin Raj (Proprietor)     02 January 2012

I have sent a mail as per your advice.. awaiting for your reply...

Justin Raj (Proprietor)     02 January 2012

Now I know my friend... I wont trust any banks.. I shall take xerox copies of the application after filling up.. so that you know what you signed for.. :)

Sailesh Sarmah (Advocate)     03 January 2012

I think ICICI Bank people are also watching the thread, as they have asked you to get in touch with them. Send a copy of your greviances to them as well as the Ombudsment. And then serve the Bank with a Consumer Notice for deficiency in services and cheating.

Then See the Magic Happen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register