Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjunatha k s (chief manager)     26 October 2011

Income tax arrear intimation from cpc, bangalore

Dear Sir,

I have received thro e mail a communication on income tax arrear demand under section 143(1) from Central Processing center, Bangalore for Rs 38532 for AY 2008.

I am a salaried person and regularly filing  income tax returns and from 2008 I am e filing the returns.

My income tax is deducted at source and I do not have any  income tax arrers from previous years.

What I  am supposed to do ? In the e mail from CPC, BANGALORE - It is  mentioned that do not reply to this  email as thsi system generated .

Whom should I Contact ? On contacting the Assessing officer, he says we have not sent any arrear demand but you can send the form 16 copy to them.

CPC Call center is also of no help in resolving this.

Please advice.

Thanks

manju k s

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Why don't they send REFUNDS? ASK THEM TO ADJUST AGAINST REFUNDS. IF you have no refunds then tell them that in future your refunds will be so huge that they needn't waste their time on you and GRAB the 2G SCAMSTERS on a priority basis.

C. P. CHUGH (Practicing Lawyer)     26 October 2011

You are required to ask a copy of intimation creating a demand against you for the relevant assessment year.

Then based on such intimation, you are required to file a rectification u/s 154 of the Act.  The demand most likely

may be because of unmatched tax credits in your account, get them rectififed by your employer and demand deleted by filling rectification application on line.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     26 October 2011

Since you have efiled your returns you have to efile the rectification u/s.154. However without looking at the intimation wrt the computation it is difficult to guide properly. You are thereby advised to hire services of a local tax consultant or a CA

(Guest)

Pay them twice the demand and then ask for a refund and if they don't refund you the excess amount. file a Special Leave Petition against the Chief Income Commissioner[Don't make more than one party]. Don't engage a lawyer just get a stay on IT department's efiling system and all other anticitizen activities and pro scamster inactions till the pendency of the SLP. In minimum 5 years can the SLP be disposed off. EFILE it on sci.nic.in

It sounds wierd but since you posted this here, this is my suggestion, and many will join you.

harpal singh rana (Consultant)     09 January 2012

Write a letter to Assessing office and state that tax credit not considered in 143(1) intimation. they should give you tax credit and make NIL demand. CPC will not help in giving tax credit.

RAJESH CHANDER (CA)     09 February 2012

The CPC has adjusted the refund even after demand has already been paid or rectified u/s 154 long time ago.

RAJESH CHANDER (CA)     09 February 2012

Please contact your AO and request for copy of assessment order against which demand is loaded ON CPC Portal. Check the orders and file rectification application u/s 154. Pay the rectified demand, if any. Submit copy of taxes paid with AO and pray to God that rectification and payment is communicated to CPC by the AO before your next return is picked up for processing by The CPC, Banglore.

Ashutosh (Director)     31 May 2012

The entire Income tax system and CPC is useless. I face the same problem with my refund for 2011-12. While processing my return, they adjusted demand for AY 2004-05 which relates to someone else, who wrongly quoted my PAN while filing his return. I have approached all possible links, the CPC, my AO, ask@incometaxindia.gov.in without any successes. It is so disgusting, that I feel not paying a single penny as Income tax.

Ashutosh (Director)     31 May 2012

The entire Income tax system and CPC is useless. I face the same problem with my refund for 2011-12. While processing my return, they adjusted demand for AY 2004-05 which relates to someone else, who wrongly quoted my PAN while filing his return. I have approached all possible links, the CPC, my AO, ask@incometaxindia.gov.in without any successes. It is so disgusting, that I feel not paying a single penny as Income tax.

senthil kumar (Partner)     06 June 2012

If there is no tax due for the Assessment year but if CPC has issued a tax demand notice u/s 143(1) you can file a rectification return u/s 154 which is available in the efiling income tax site and similar to your efiling upload you can upload the rectification return and you can get an acknowledgement for the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register