Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smiley (not working)     16 September 2011

Can my husband claim from any amount from me

Hello

I am planning for divorce.Can my husband claim for any money from me (like marriage expenses) to tell his acceptance for divorce.Kindly reply me

Learning

7 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     16 September 2011

if both are mutually give the divorce wont get any one to money, if  one person not give consent then opponent party give the money, lot of verdict are there.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 September 2011

No.

smiley (not working)     16 September 2011

@bharat.. can my husband ask for any amount in the form of marriage expenses , bcoz my dad was saying if we ourself proceed for divorce, then my husband may ask for money

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 September 2011

@ Author 

1. If you are planning to file for divorce then decree in divorce proeedings are purely based on establishing the grounds under Sections of Act it is applied for and if you fail to do so then the other side maximum can claim only "cost of litigation" that also in a divorce proceedings.

2. If it is a mutual consent divorce you are planning for then sit with him and his side of men and agents to discuss out the modalities and what comes mutually agreed between you will be binding upon both and it may include exchange of money to seek 'faster divorce' by one party from another.

There have been cases where in askd que. husbands have taken money to set their wives free but in NEWS it is always mostly other way around :-)

I suggest to contact locally a family court adv. and have chamber discussions and then act accordingly.  

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     16 September 2011

dEAR SMILEY,

HUSBAND CANNOT GET ANY FROM YOU IN ANY SITUATION EXCEPT BY BLACKMAILING YOU. IN INDIA HUSBAND HAS TO PAY ALIMONY TO HIS WIFE. SO DON'T BE AFRAID.  SETTLE YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU HAVE TO GET DIVORCE THEN TALK TO YOUR HUSBAND MUTUALLY AND THEN GO FOR DIVORCE AFTER SORTING ALL ISSUES.

REGARDS

RAJIV BHASIN

ADVOCATE

BHASIN & ASSOCIATES

9811210505, 9868635640

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 September 2011

Hmmm,

If husband is not earning and is dependent on you, he can seek litigation and maintenance.

Sec 24 and 25 mention the word Spouse.

However, never the court has granted such relief to an ABLE BODIED MAN.

Here body includes mental and physical state.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     18 September 2011

Dear All,

i faced similar situation in one case, where not only trial court dismissed such application as well as revision petition was dismissed by Hon'ble Delhi High Court. the law as well as courts are  in favour females.

regards

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register