LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh Chandramohan Gupta (High Court practitioner)     13 September 2011

Jurisdiction consumer forum airlines cases

One consumer forum returned my complaint on point of jurisdiction. One airline failed to communicate other airlines from which my client was supposed to travel (connecting flight). Finally my client pick up railway & came to his home. Though teh missing of fligh due to non communication created the problem. The railway jouney got completed in X place. Whether Consumer forum of X place would have jurisdiction.

Adv Sourabh Gupta

Maharashtra

Learning

4 Replies

RK MEHTA (DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER - LEGAL)     16 September 2011

No Mr. Saurabh, completion of railway journey has nothing to do with the jurisdiction of a consumer complaint in this case. The jurisdictional provision in the Consumer Protection Act is similar as in CPC. Therefore complaint should be filed in the Forum under whose jurisdiction the Airlines has office or where the ticket was booked

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 January 2012

Complaint may be filed at the place where the regd  or branch office of airline situates or place where the  tickets were booked or where the cause of action partly or wholly arose.

(Guest)

I endorse the views of both the experts.

MRKGANDHI (Advocate)     31 October 2012

How about a situation placewhere ticket is purchased for journey from place other than the places of journey.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register