LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit sharma (Developer)     07 September 2011

Missed itr for last year

Hi there, I started my career two years back with a small company. Some CA working on behalf of that company submitted my ITR for previous year (AY 2010-2011), i received an acknowledgment mail (ITR V) from Income tax office Bangalore. However, I just missed the next part (sending the acknowledgment back by post).

My questions,

1. What is the actual process, from start to end for filing ITR. (like Getting Form 16 from employer, efiling ITR, sending acknowledgement, etc)

2. In above scenario, although CA guy submitted my ITR on my behalf, but i didnt act further. Now when i login to incometaxindia website, it does show me acknowledgement there? What is significance of sending acknowledgment. Can i do it now, after 1 year??

3. In last year (AY 2011-2012), i worked in two different companies (9 mon + 3 mon). And i have got Form 16 from both. Now, do i enter (Taxable Salary amount) as a single figure summing from both??

Regards,

Amit

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     07 September 2011

Where are you located at?

rohit sharma (Developer)     07 September 2011

this is second part of my question. I worked 9 months in pune, then 3 months in delhi

A V Vishal (Advocate)     07 September 2011

As per efiling procedure the acknowledgement must be sent within 120 days to the CPC, however, experience suggests that in some cases the department is sending mail regarding non receipt of acknowledgement, you can post the acknowledgement in the current date and wait for the response from the department.

Sadashiv Rupchand Gaikwad (Partner)     10 September 2011

For filing Income tax return to calculate 12 months salary, do not exclude remaining on employer.Your F26As shows all Gross Income

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register