Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinodkumar Kotabagi (Advocate and Trademark Attorney)     12 February 2009

Whether there should be separate LL.B course for students to join judiciary?

Dear All, I heard that the National Judicial Academy is planning to introduce separate 5 years BA.LL.B (Justice) course for the students who want to join judiciary. The NJA claims that it will be useful in training the students in judicial skills and which will increase the quality of justice in future. What do you think, is this a good move???

Learning

8 Replies

ritu bhadana (advocate)     12 February 2009

yes this is really a good concept it will help us to get a better,sound and effective judicial system

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 February 2009

What about all India judicial srvices like IAS/IPS etc?

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     13 February 2009

A good judge is always from the bar. Education alone is not sufficient to be a good judge. The actual naked facts in the society the real happenings the real life the real movement of the society etc etc etc are the moulding factors of a good judge. I talk about a good judge. Not about a judge.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     13 February 2009

Aasumi suggestion is very good. There should be all india services for appointment of judicial officer.

A judge needs various skills. Some of the skills can be tested objectively like knowledge of law, legal reasoning process, knowledge about the society etc. These things should be tested based on written examination.

Apart from these things, various other factors are required to be tested, which cannot be tested in a written examination. Those things can be tested through personal intreview, background check etc. People qualifying the written exam can be subjected to these tests.

We need an objective process of appointment of judicial officers.

ritu bhadana (advocate)     11 March 2009

mr.assumi a reallt great suggestion i completely agree with mr.rajesh kumar also

ritu bhadana (advocate)     11 March 2009

mr.assumi a really great suggestion i completely agree with mr.rajesh kumar also 

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     14 March 2009

very good . there should be judicial orientation before joinning judiciary.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     14 March 2009

In my opinion, a judge must have some experience at the Bar before he is appointed as a Judge. Training can be given to him after joining the judiciary. But a fresher who does not have experience as an advocate may not be able to understand so many things which an experienced advocate-judge would understand. What is more important these days is to get devoted and up right judges. Service conditions of the judges must be improved so that they remain updated with the latest trends in law. There are so many things which can be stated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register