Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Miky (Service)     10 February 2009

LLB Admission

Hi

I am 35 years old man, working as a software engineer, with degree in Mech. Engg.

I want to take a shift in my career, and want to persue LLB.

I have following quriers.

1) Am I eligibale to take the admission to LLB?

2)To register as a Advocate with Bar Council of India, what am I supposed to do after LLB? Do I have to work under registered Advocate? and for How long?

3) will I be eligible to apply as Advocate because of age factor?

Please let me know

Thank you.

Miky

Learning

15 Replies

Snehal Mandgaonkar (Practice)     10 February 2009

Hi Milky,

Yes, you are eligible for LL.B admission. As you are a degree holder you have to complete only 3 years and then you can apply to Bar Council for your Sanad, which gives you permission to practice in the courts of law.

Also, theres no age bar. Once you get your sanad you can either practice independantly or under some senior advocate till the time you wish. Once you gain your confidence you can start your independent practice.

Regards,

Snehal

1 Like

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     10 February 2009

You need not work with any advocate before your registration. you can directly enter into independant practice after registration. Other points are elaborated by Snehal.

Miky (Service)     10 February 2009

Thank you snehal and palnitkar.

Regards

Miky

rajini (Lawyer )     10 February 2009

you are a decree holder you can take a profession of an advocate after completion of 3 years LLB decree there is no age bar for practice but there is one condition that after compelition of LLB you should registered your name in Bar Council of India once you registered you has practice as Advocate and you are not able work as Engineer you have to choose your profession first then proceed.refer case law Hansraj(Dr.) V/s Bar Council of Maharashtra.

AIR 1996 Sc 1708 

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     10 February 2009

Registration with State bar council is necessary and not with Bar council of India.

Miky (Service)     11 February 2009

Hi all,

If I complete the LLB degree by 2012, do I have to register with Bar council of state/India immediately? Can I register later, say bu 2014?Is there any time limit for registration after completing the LLB degree?

Could you please suggest the profession in which my both degrees will be useful (Mech Engg(MTech) and Law(LLB) )

Thanks all of you for answering my quries.This is the great help for me to take the right decesion.

Regards

Miky

Vinodkumar Kotabagi (Advocate and Trademark Attorney)     11 February 2009

HELLO MILKY,

After completing UR degree, you are free to register at any Bar Council at any time. there is no time restriction. And if u register/enroll at any Bar Council, you will get the right to appear before any Court in India except 

Supreme Court. So, dont worry go ahead.

Your query with respect to your area where u can use both your degrees, I would suggest you should try for Intellectual Property Rights. The field is really suffering from lawyers who are from science background. There is lot of scope. You can be a patent agent also. for more details visit www.ipindia.nic.in

BYE.

Abhishek (law student)     17 February 2009

well....informative talks..

Miky (Service)     17 February 2009

Hi

I am planning to take admission for LLB in June 09 while doing my current job as a engineer.

Can I continue my job as a engineer for few more years even after getting LLB degree?

Can I register with bar council once I make up my mind to leave the job and then practise as advocate?

Can  I continue the job in a private company as a legal adviser after registering with Bar council? Or I have to work as a private practisioner only?

Please advise

Thanks

Miky

Vinodkumar Kotabagi (Advocate and Trademark Attorney)     17 February 2009

Dear Milky,

The Rules of Bar Council does not provide for doing any other job along with the advocacy. If you want to practise in court of law, you have to give up your engineering job.

The only exception to the above rule is that if the advocate has any family business, he can continue both. But no other employment or profession is allowed along with the advocacy.

So, kindly think twice before you take any step and act judiciously.

sonu bhola (service)     29 April 2009

can i do LLB by distance mode of education & there will be any relaxation/ concession for disable student

sahil (a)     23 July 2011

Hi,

I have completed LL.B. Kindly update and provide some good piece of info on whats the role of All India Bar Examination (AIBE) and is it compulsory to start practice.

If not compulsory, what is the relevance if we clear this exam?

Thanks a ton

NEERAJ KUMAR MODI (CS FINAL STUDENT)     24 July 2011

HELLO FREINDS,

I WANT TO TAKE ADMISSION IN 3YRS. LLB COURSE IN S.G.N . KHALSA COLLEGE, SRIGANGANAGAR. AFFILITATED TO UNIVERSITY OF BIKANER. I HAVE DONE GRADUATION IN B.COM FROM IGNOU UNIVERSITY THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION MODE. COLLEGE AUTHORITIES DENIED MY ADMISSION ON THE GROUND THAT BAR COUNCIL OF INDIA HAS INSTRUCTED THE UNIVERSITITES THROUGH THE CIRCULAR NOT TO ADMIT THE STUDENTS OF IGNOU UNIVERSITIES. IS THE CONTENTION OF BCI IS VALID.

IGNOU IS PROMINENT UNIVERSITY IN INDIA HAS RECOGNITION ALL OVER THE WORLD IN PROVIDING THE EDUCATION THROUGH THE DISTANCE MODE. IS ANYBODY HAVE ANY AUTHOURITY UNDER ANY STATUE TO RAISE QUESTION ON DEGREE CONFERRED BY IT. PLEASE GUIDE ME IN THIS MANNER AND WHERE I SHOULD APPROACH TO SEEK JUSTICE.

Imran Chunawala (Cost Controller)     27 July 2011

Hi Thanks everyone for their immediate & helpfull responses.

But my query is whether Age Bar applies in this case.

I want to enroll into 3 years LLb in 2013 after completion of my MCOM, cos i have cleared my BCOM in 2 attempts, so will I be able to enroll in 2013 when I'll reach 31 years of age.

I heard that Age Bar for LLb course case is pending in SC.

Please give ur feedback in details.

Regards,

IMRAN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register