LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja (business)     04 February 2009

written arguments drt

dear sir, in most cases drt judges gives decision in favour of bank. as a borrower if we argue the case and then request judge to take our written arguments as well. can judge refuse? can it be benificial?

Learning

12 Replies

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     05 February 2009

Written arguements will be accepted and it is good if your case is good.

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     05 February 2009

submitting written argument is good.

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     05 February 2009

Dear Uma,

It is the prerogative of every counsel representing a client to present his/her case to the best of their ability. The arguments advanced can either be oral and/or written and no Judicial officer can refuse to take on file the written arguments submitted by a counsel. In fact submission of written arguments is to be encouraged by the Judges since most of the Judges reserve their judgements and deliver the same after a few days or even months. Therefore it is not humanely possible for the Judge to remember and recollect the various submissions made by the counsel. Further filing written submissions will ensure that there is arecord of all the submissions made by the counsel and the same would be of great help in the event of preferring an appeal.

If a Judge refuses to take on file the written submissions, you can file the same along with a memo and insist the Judge records ample reasons for not taking the same on file. This will give you avery strong ground to appeal.

Thanks

Ramakrishnan Adv

Solicitor Chirag Shah (Advocate & Solicitor)     05 February 2009

Rightly said by  Adv. Ramakrishnan.

and it is accepted and preferred by judges to arrive at reasoned decision.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     05 February 2009

After 2002 amendment of the C.P.C., a court is bound to take on record the written arguments of parties. There is no question of refusal.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     07 February 2009

I agree with Mr. Singh

sanjay singh thakur (advocate)     08 February 2009

Dear Raja

I strongly believe that in such type of courts wherein order is reserved the best way to protct the interest of client is to file a written argument because as a Practising Lawyer we see that in many cases order is passed after 15 or more days after hearing of the case and in meantime the concerned Judge hear too many matters and he cannot recall everything. Hence its always good to file written argument.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     26 March 2009

I agree with learned friends -------courts  also insisting the Advocates/parties  to submit written  arguements .

Prabhat Kumar (Advocate)     27 March 2009

you can always give your written argument to the Hon'ble court by doin so. infact you r helping the court in adjudicating the matter fairly. if d court refuse to except d written argument then make an application in this regard and it is bound to be allowed.

Minkie (Service)     23 June 2009

I would be much obliged if any of our learned members can clarify whether the "Written Arguments" are required to be in the form of an Affidavit?  Thanks

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     25 June 2009

Dear minkie

Not necessary You can file otherwise.

amudhan (advocate)     26 June 2009

dear sirs,

i agree with all of your valuable suggesstions, the written argument must be in the ordinary form and must be narrated by the advocate on behalf of the party isn't it.

hence no need of affidavit mr.minkie. 

my endeavour is if the judges niether pointed out our written arguement nor taken our written argument in account what is our remedy?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register