Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aksaks1234 (Store Owner)     08 August 2011

How much maintenance/alimony

Hi Experts,

Neeed your advise urgently...please!!

I am a service man and earn 32000/month . I am in process of mutual agreement for divorce with my wife.

They want to make money out of it and have asked for 15lacs.

I have never ever taken dowry from them...they have given some items to my wife and gifted some to me after marriage.....which i am returning now.

We were married in nov 2009 and have no child. My wife was working earlier to marriage and was getting 13-15k/ month and is a post graduate.

Can you all tell from experience if i go to court for settlement how much will i have to pay per month....be it lumsum or monthly ........

Appreciate your response asap as this will help me in dealing me with my in laws as they have cheated on me ...

Regards,

AksAks

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     08 August 2011

the court will decited how much of amount permant alimony  ?

aksaks1234 (Store Owner)     08 August 2011

I understand that court will decide the  same....

My In laws are from well to do family...and my wife was working prior to Marriage...

i earn 30-32k/month and she  was earning 12-15k/month..

Can you suggest maximum a court can ask from me to pay in lumsum.......they are asking 15 lacs..which is too much....i can only pay 5 lacs max else i will go bankrupt.

**Victim** (job)     08 August 2011

Originally posted by :aksaks1234
"
I understand that court will decide the  same....

My In laws are from well to do family...and my wife was working prior to Marriage...

i earn 30-32k/month and she  was earning 12-15k/month..

Can you suggest maximum a court can ask from me to pay in lumsum.......they are asking 15 lacs..which is too much....i can only pay 5 lacs max else i will go bankrupt.
"

@ Author do not make any unnecessary settlement outside court as it is considered illegal and they might also demand more money if u make any settlement outside court so better go in court and pay her monthly maintenance or one time settlement decided by court. Court will decide maintenance or alimony based on your financial information so don't worry u won't go bankrupt.

Legal_Help (Consultant)     12 August 2011

HI,

There are lot of judgements passed by supreme court and various high where wife has been denied manitenance if she is well euducated and eligible to earn.

In your case sice she is post graduate and was working before marriage then there is a chnace that she will not be allowed any maintenance.

Ask your lawyer to look for such judgements.

You can find these judgements at below link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Judgement-helping-innocent-husbands-24586.asp?1=1&offset=5

There are lot of zip files here. Open all these files and read through all of them. You will get all such judgements.

All the best!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register