LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     23 January 2009

Difference in between the Sale-Deed & Conveyance Deed

What is the difference in between the Sale-Deed & Conveyance Deed?

Learning

9 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     24 January 2009

DEAR SANJEEV,  Conveyance records the transfer of interest in immovable property.  The Conveyance in the immovable property may take place by way of Sale Deed, Gift Deed, Exchange Deed etc.,  Conveyance and Sale Deed essentially have no difference as in both the documents, the right, interest and title of the previous owner is transferred to the purchaser.

SALE DEED:

A sale deed acts as the main legal document for evidencing sale and transfer of ownersfip of propert in favour of the buyer, from the seller

Further, it also acts as the main document for further sale by the buyer as it establishes his proof of ownership of the property.

The
sale deed is executed subsequent to the execution of the sale agreement, and after compliance of various terms and conditions detailed in the sale agreement as agreed upon between the buyer and the seller.

The sale deed is the main document by which a seller transfers his right on the property to the purchaser, who then acquires absolute ownership of the property. It is also referred to as the conveyance deed.

CONVEYANCE DEED:

DIFFERENCE - CONVEYANCE DEED & SALE DEED:

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     24 January 2009

DEAR SANJEEV,

sale deed:

A sale deed acts as the main legal document for evidencing sale and transfer of ownership of property in favour of the buyer, from the seller. Further, it also acts as the main document for further sale by the buyer as it establishes his proof of ownership of the property.

The sale deed is executed subsequent to the execution of the sale agreement, and after compliance of various terms and conditions detailed in the sale agreement as agreed upon between the buyer and the seller.

The sale deed is the main document by which a seller transfers his right on the property to the purchaser, who then acquires absolute ownership of the property.

Conveyance:

Conveyance records the transfer of interest in immovable property. The conveyance in the immovable property may take place by way of sale deed, gift deed, exchange deed etc.

Difference - Conveyance deed & Sale deed :

Conveyance and sale deed essentially have no difference as in both the documents, the right, interest and title of the previous owner is transferred to the purchaser.

CONVEYANCE DEED =  SALE DEED

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     24 January 2009

Dear Friend

Apart from elucidated explanation given by Ld. Aejaz, also note the following:

Conveyance deed includes sale-deed i.e. sale deed is one of the mode of conveyance i.e. transfer of interest.

Regards

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     24 January 2009

All deeds transfering the property-rights are conveyance-deeds. Sale-deed is one of them. All sale-deeds are deeds of conveyance but all conveyance-deeds are not sale-deeds.I fully agree with Kuljit Pal Singh.

sanjeev gupta (Advocate)     06 February 2009

Dear Sir,

The differance between Conyence Deed and Sale Deed is, Conyence Deed is obtaing or registered after the conversion of leasehold to free hold from the authority concern, and Sale Deed get registered after the conyence deed or which property is not leasehold property on that case after obtainig the NOC from the Teshildar office, we can get registerred the sale deed.

saquib (Advocate)     24 September 2010

Dear All,

A Property (Flat) has came to me by way of Conveyance Deed  from some on under a Agreement and now I am giving back the same to the owner. In this Regard what document I will have to execute i.e. Conveyance Deed/ Sale Deed or Deed of Transfer? Please advise!! 

m.arunprakaash (advocate)     17 September 2011

CONVEYANCE is genus.

SALE DEED is a species.

There are five modes of conveyance recogonised in Transfer of Property Act 1882 like Sale, Exchange, Gift, mortgage and Lease. Sale deed is one among them.

Sureshpal Yadav (ExIAF)     09 January 2012

I booked a flat, and after some time I have done agreement with builder in Tehsil, then after completion of building part, I shifted to my flat.  I got possession certificate from builder.  Society formed and society obtained conveyance deed.  Should I required to do sale deed for my own flat.  I have also taken loan for it and loan has cleared and obtain mortagage certificate from bank in orginal which was given by builder to bank at the time of loan.  I am also paying electiricity bill as well as house tax.  What are other formalities required.

Palanisamy (CEO)     15 May 2012

A Sale Deed has been registered between Buyer-Gopi & Seller-Judith in Tamilnadu on 28-04-2011. I applied for EC for the Same Property.But in EC, it comes as Conveyance Metro/UA instead of Sale Deed with Volume Number & Page Number. Also, the Sale Deed does not have Volume and Page Numbers. As a Buyer, May I now register the same Property from Gopi? Then What is the meaning of Conveyance Metro/UA in EC? Please anyone help me out of this Puzzle. I am thankful to you for clarifying this doubt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register