LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     22 January 2009

LEGALISATION OF PROSTITUTION

Society is changing in multifarious ways. We are now at a crossroad. Modernization doesn’t mean to do away with the age old customs of our culture and tradition and mindlessly go for westernization.
Well, we can go for adapting certain legacies of west which could be productive to our society as per our own conception of life, not otherwise.

SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THE LEGALISATION OF PROSTITUTION??????????

WILL IT GO ON AS IT IS OR BE CHANGED INTO A LEGALISED PROFESSION AS IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES...........

Learning

12 Replies

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     22 January 2009

Dear Friend,

Prostitution is considered as profession under Article 19 (1) (g), so any women who is in such profession to meet out ends of his life will never be screwed under law, but  brothels are illegal and traffickers and pimps can be screwed under law.

regards

rajini (Lawyer )     22 January 2009

Indian culture is very hon'ble culture in the whole world because in india we are respectes towards our relationsdhips that to the relationship between husband and wife. prostitution and brothel homes are not new to our country is there from age old days. one part prostitution good because it may become a livehood to those people in need but when we seen the demrits are more because of the prostitutions some homes are coming to the streets and the wives are suffering due to the prostitution. i think there must be a law legalising the prostitution but in that law there should be cluases for the regularising and conrolling the prostitution . 

Shree. ( Advocate.)     22 January 2009

Dear Aniket Giri,

Surely no,the Governments should concentrate on creating alternate employment for s*x workers. This will make everyone happy in the end. A ban on prostitution does not change their plight, instead, the problem should be treated as a whole and the s*x workers should be rehabilitated and provided with new employment opportunities. I know this is difficult given the numbers but we can start now. And saying that its ok for prostitution to exist because rape and incest are prevalent is to turn a blind eye to the whole issue. We've got to start somewhere to eradicate these sickening 'diseases' of the society. This has got nothing to do with Indian culture or Western culture. Whichever culture, American or that of Ajanta-Ellora, the thought of 's*x for money' is SICK!

Legalizing prostitution will destroy the moral and cultural fabric of India for which India is renowned all over the world. Also, legalizing prostitution will make more people stay unmarried, as they can get s*x for money!

Abhishek (law student)     22 January 2009

Yes Prostitution should be legalised and allowed to live and coexist in our nation. This open us a new dimension and will cause a paradigm shift in our lives we live, Rape and other women related crimes will drastically reduce. Second AIDS and other s*xual related diseases can be counter checked and stopped at the entry level. We Indians are so much bogged down to our traditional culture without even realising that our future generations have forgotten our culture and have adopted westernisation and broad and opne minded thinking. Traditional Culture is nowadays like a monumental relic to be kept in the museums of today. Every individual Indian lives by his counscience and inner soul. Who also know what is good and bad and how to live one's life in this fast changing world. By legalising all such once consider evil elements you are actually eliminated the evil it contains and spreads from within. EU has experienced a variety of such problematic path where today they are focussing on new laws to protect animals and pets. Where as we are still debating about prostitution which is rooted centuries old in our history to preserve our culture..

DR.P.L.NAWALKHA (COUNSELLING CANCER)     23 January 2009

LEGALISATION OF PROSTITUTION IS LEGITIMATE NEED OF SOCIETY UNDER EXISTING LEGAL AND SOCIAL FRAME OF INDIAN SOCIETY. THIS ALONG WITH EXCLUSIVE COLONISATION IS NOT UNJUSTIFIED.IN GOOD OLDEN DAYS,PROSTITUTION WAS PERMISSIBLE OUTSIDE THE CITY AREA BY LOCAL RAJA/JAMIDARS,JUST TO KEEP SOCIETY UNVITIATED IN GENERAL. HUMAN MIND DO HAVE SEX HUNGER,WITH RIGHT TO FULFILL IT .PERMISSIBILITY OF PROSTITUTION WILL PROVIDE CIVILISED AVENUE FOR FULFILLENT OF THIS HUNGER.

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     23 January 2009

IF SOMETHING CAN'T BE CONTROLLED IN SOCIETY......ITS BETTER TO MAKE A LAW ON IT TO ATLEAST GOVERN IT AND KEEP A TAB ON IT............

sanjoy kumar (advocate)     23 January 2009

Agreed with the views of Mr. Shree.

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     23 January 2009

With all due respect Sirs/Ma’am,

R V in agreement that there are two sides of legalization of Prostitution? please

I do agree that Prostitution is not new subject for us bt V should put our legs in the shoes of women who are forcefully pushed into this business.

I do agree that because of this business of prostitution the rate of rape cases are may be lessen it is only my opinion. Please, correct me if I m wrong please. it is also appreciable point that ratio of the girls are coming down drastically, Sir…. n it will also affect the ration of the crimes against women and the business of Prostitution can save some women.

Legalization of prostitution is also affects the dignity and position of the woman in the society. But V r not going to give respect n reputation to this Profession…………Do v sir……..?

Another question may be asked that Can Prostitute rape by a man………? Do U believe this.

Honestly, I request u to appreciate this point.

Dear Aniket Giri………Can u give me some +ve and –ve consequences under which you r thinking that there should or should not legalize the Prostitution

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     25 January 2009

Sir / Madam,

Prevention depends upon the mindset of people. Prostitution is tabooed in view of IMMORAL TRAFFIC ( prevention) Act. but the legislation is been taken up lightly by the offenders by escaping the clutches of law by just paying the small amounts before the courts as fine. Even if it is punishable the prostitution trade goes on successfully.

MY suggestion is  the quantum of punishment should be enhanceds to life imprisonment  which can create an apprehention in the minds of wrong doers atleast to keep away to some extent.

A.Mohamed Thaheer (ADVOCATE)     02 April 2009

It will be harmful to the Indian Culture.  In fact, prostitution should be banned and stringent action has to be taken against the culprits, but at the same time, we should also find out the root of cause of prostitution and find out a permanent solution by finding out some ways and means legally to take corrective measures to eradicate this social evils from the society.

DR.P.L.NAWALKHA (COUNSELLING CANCER)     02 April 2009

REF. MY COMMENTS DATED 23.01.09.  MY CONTENTION TO LEGALISE PROSTITUTION IS BASED ON BASICS OF HUMAN BIOLOGY AND,SOCIOLOGY AND THE NEED OF FABRICATION OF PEACEFUL CIVILISED SOCIETY. GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN BAD IS CONDEMNED TILL SENT TO GALLOWS. TODAY RATIONALISATION AND REALISATION OF ORIGIN OF BAD IS MANDATORY PRIOR TO TELLING BAD IS BAD.A PEACEFUL CIVILISED SOCIETY SHOULD BE ERECTED ON SINGLE SPEAK  BRICKS,RATHER THAN MULTIPLE VARIABLE BRICKS. FATHER,ENJOYING WITH CONCUBINE,TEACHING SON/YOUNGER BROTHER,NOT TO LOOK AT GIRL,IS THE WAY OUR DOUBLE STANDARDS WORK,ADDING TO INCREASING INCIDENCES OF CLANDESTINE CRIMES. AIR WE BREATHE SHOULD BE CLEAR FROM SUCH VITIATIONS OF DUPLICACY.

ritu bhadana (advocate)     02 April 2009

i agree with all you my ld. friends and i support the views of rekha.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register