LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dheeraj (--)     06 July 2011

Patent agent Examination Syllabus and pattern for 2012 Janua

Patent agent Examination Syllabus and pattern for 2012 January Examination.

Patent agent Examination, January 2012

Patent Agent Examination Notification shall be notified by Ministry of Commerce and Industry in November 2011,

Examination shall be conducted in January 2012.

Pattern of Questions

• Paper I will have 40 objective type questions of one mark each and descripttive type questions of 60 marks.

• Paper II will have a set of two questions (different sets for science and engineering) on drafting of 30 marks each consisting of: 

1. Drafting of specification from given claims and background.

2. Drafting of claims from given specification.

and the rest will be descripttive/interpretative type questions of 40 marks.

• Viva-voce examination will be based only on domain knowledge. Essential Qualification

Citizens of India having completed 21 years of age and possessing a degree in science, engineering or technology from any University established under law for the time being in force in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf.

Learning

10 Replies

Sy.patents (Freelance)     06 July 2011

Nothing new in the pattern of examination compared to as before. Enlighten us on the syllabus! The only thing that appears new to me is the surety of the timing of the notification and examination when the patent office website itself is silent about this. Can you please tell us the source of this information?

Parul Jauhari (Student)     12 August 2011

Hi!

I'm want to get into the patenting field as a patent agent.. bt hv a few doubts..

1) Is the exam held only in jan or jan n august both?

2) Are the documents given on the website for studying enough or is additional study material necessary?

Thx in advance for ur help! :)

Sy.patents (Freelance)     15 August 2011

Parul,

1) Is the exam held only in jan or jan n august both?

Patent office earlier used to conduct PA exam twice a year. From the last couple of years they are conducting once a year, usually in January month. Most likely we may have next exam in Jan 2012.

2) Are the documents given on the website for studying enough or is additional study material necessary?

Unfortunately NOT Enough. The documents available on patent office website can help you in Paper-I and to some extent in paper-II, too. But for drafting you need to consult other material. Please see some of the below posts for some info on drafting part.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Patent-Agent-Examination-2012-Preparation-39032.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-patent-exam-preperation-28531.asp

Hope this helps. All the best!

Parul Jauhari (Student)     15 August 2011

Thx for the really useful info... :)

There is one more query. I've heard tht in the viva, they'll ask directly what section so-n-so says... tht's only from the bare act right? Not the draft manual given in the website? Is too much learning-by-heart required? Or what exactly are the sort of questions tht are asked?

Parul.

Sarah QMM (Student)     06 November 2011

Hi,

I am preparing for the Patent Agent examination 2012. I would be grateful if you could help me. 

As  we all know one of the requirements of the Patents Act states that 

s.126(1)(c) he has obtained a degree from any University in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf

Now, both my B.Sc. and M.Sc. were obtained from U.K. universities. So will I have to obtain some sort of clearance before I can give the exam?! 

I would really be grateful if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance!

harpreetdhanvi (Legal Officer)     07 December 2011

Pl let me know of the official web site of the patents examination to be conducted.

I have done my 2nd LLB and have appeared for 3llb monsoon semester am i elegible to apply for the same and can i do it this time of the year i.e. december 2011 for jan 2012 exams.

IIPTA (Director)     10 December 2011

I think you guys should take a look at the following links at Indian Institute of Patent and Trademark Attorney website: 

17 most asked questions about Patent Agent Examination

10 myths about Patent Agent Examination

https://www.slideshare.net/fullscreen/iipta/introduction-intellectual-property-and-ip-career/10

These links would probabally give answers to most of your questions.

If you have any specifice question which is not addressed in the above links, you can ask them by posting comments or emailing them to info@iipta.com

Praveena (fresher)     25 December 2011

can anyone please tell me where can i get the patent agent exam application??

I did B.SC in biotech and pursuing my LLB final yr.

puneet (advocate)     08 April 2012

Can any body help and tell me when is the trade mark agent exam in 2012

HarpreetSingh (Legal Officer)     11 June 2012

can anyone please tell me where can i get the patent agent exam application?? i have tried and tried but could not find when the exam is to be conducted in 2012 and what is the last date to fill forms

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register