Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip (Proprietor)     29 June 2011

Registring Brand Name

Dear Sir/Madam,

I intend to float a business in coming months, initially I wnat it to be a proprietory concern till it gets a strong foothold in the market. But I want register the logo, name and other trade marks now itself. Please advice on the same.

Also please let me know about other legal compliances that i need to fulfill. As it is service based business, should i register for CST, Separate comapny PAN etc..

With Sincere thanks,

Dilip

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Mohit Yadav (Associate )     02 July 2011

Dear Dilip, 

In pursant to the query raised by you, i wanted to inform you that getting the trademark registered for your business is always a good option as that limits the other using the same trademark. Today you might be a small organisation but if you grow up at the later stage then the goodwill of the organisation does matters in the eyes of your clientage and the same is displayed by your brand name.

As an IPR practisioner i have seen many of such cases wherein there are many similarities of the logo of the companies and the peole tend to get confused beacause those brands are created to get the clientage of those brand who trust the original one.

There are many legal compliances which are required to be done but then it will depend on the turnover as the registration under VAT or Under servic tax depends on the total sales and the place of your business.

Adv. Mohit Yadav

+919555772342   

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     02 July 2011

Dear Mr. Dilip,

Usually for trademark registration it will take nearly 14 - 18 months. It is always best advised to file your application at the earliest.

For trademark registration Contact

Nagaraj

IP Lawyer

IP Lex Global Services

Mob: 9902007635

Email: nagaraja_bs@gmail.com

Prashant Mule (LEGAL SERVICES)     03 July 2011

You need to register  logo/trade mark/ trade name in service class (either of class 35 to 42).

It is advisable to have CST no. and since it is proprietorship your PAN will suffice.

Call me for IPR querries.

09925013969, 09016913969.

email: prashantmule@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register