LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj L Vaswani (Head-Corporate Relations)     24 June 2011

Discontinuation of services

I work with a autonomous institute in Pune, approved by AICTE for the past 8 months as "Manager-Corporate Relations."

The Management has discontinued services of a specialized person like me giving me 2 months' notice per my appointment letter which would conclude on August 8th. 

The Management has discontinued my services due to my strong arguments for the following reasons:

1.  The institute has always delayed the salary disbursement of its employees by a month or two.

2.  They expect me to wear college uniform at my own expense.

3.  None of the commitments made during my interview has been honored till date.

4.  There is role confusion where I am unable to perform to my best.

They said that during my notice period, I would be given some other work, other than the work which would continue in my absence.  However, not much work has been allotted by them.  As a result of this, I just attend office & come back home on a daily basis.

I've requested them to relieve me ASAP with two months' pay instead of the notice period where I do nothing at office and also unable to search a job elsewhere.

I've 25 days balance in my Privilege Leave (PL) Account, though I would have been entitled to avail after completion of one year's service with the institute.

Can this 25 days of PL be considered as 25 days of notice with pay & be relieved ASAP?

Greatful, if I can receive some great responses to my concern.

Cheers!

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 July 2011

Leave is as per leave rules.

It is believed that they have not mentioned any charge on you in the notice issued to you.

You are not interested in completing notice  period, and you want to finalise you next venture. You should focus and finalise your next venture asap.

You can avail leave, on the days you are to face interviews.

Your company is probably not interested to relieve you before the expiry of notice period, by paying you notice pay.

Once you have finalised, you can resign and tender notice pay.

It is better to move on.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register