Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipangkar (Business)     23 June 2011

Assam Burning - A silent revolution in the brew ?

A woman activist of the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti led by AKIHIL GOGOI  (A supporter of Anna Hazare) attacks a policeman during a demonstration in  Guwahati Today.

Learning

17 Replies

Three persons, including a small boy, were killed and about 25 injured severly when the police opened fire as a protest against the eviction of settlers on the city hills turned violent 

Tear Gas, lathi Charges & Firing to kill were the bravery done again by Indian Polices today against it's own citizens, as they came foward to place a memorandum to the Chief Secy.

As the Chief Secy didn't come foward to receive  it, and nor did  the Secy, and also the DC, the mob of THOUSANDS of Poor Citizens started marching foward... the Police started their Lathi Charges without any anouncement & so on.....

I LOVE that above photograph.

LOL.

Displays a day when this tribal Indian women realised that.......

it is Democracy in INDIA.

(Guest)

I find it funny ...see her courrage..beating a police officer from back side....!!:)

1 Like

The pic feels funny, so i posted it here. Nice to see a Policeman gets beatten... ha ha...

The Police Fired to kill,  Killed & Injuried a lots of them including a child, before this photograph was snapped.

They also Crashed down lots of houses of Poor Tribal Villagers using Elephants.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 June 2011

When I saw the title, I clicked because I thought that I can know something about the silent revolution. In the absence of such information the police man, after all, is only an arm of the State. He just does what he is ordered to do. Otherwise I see only the wrath of the people the poor policeman has to face, for the sins of others.

(Guest)

Dr Ramani, do you know nothing of corruption in police force and their hand-in-glove working with mafia? Her anger is well directed and she took a huge risk because she is courting arrest. The photograph is a telling portrayal of the rising frustrations in Assam. I hope the government wakes up.

1 Like

(Guest)

AND the police has beaten up peaceful protesters many times.

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     25 June 2011

Originally posted by :Uma
"
AND the police has beaten up peaceful protesters many times.
"

That was actually what happened.

Actions of Eviction against hundreds of poor families residing in the hills for more then 30-40 years, using the name of preserving the green-belt by the new Govt. & forest minister, so that a multinational company could built skyscrapers there.

The Police trampled those houses using elephants.

The Peoples led by the KNSS (Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti) leader AKHIL GOGOI (a great supporter of Anna Hazare) went over to dispur to submit a momorandum to the Chief Secy. As the Chief Secy did n't come foward to receive it, the mob tried to place the same to the Secy. But he too was ubsent, and so the mob moved toward the DC. The DC refused to come foward to receive the complain. After the time periods given by the mob, to receive the memorandum expired, they went foward towards the Dispur Last gate. (It's the place where all the ministers of Assam have their houses)

Then without any warning or announcement, the Police started throwing Tear gas Bombs, and Lathi Charges and also started FIRING TO KILL at the mob. 3 peoples were shot dead, and a small boy of about 13 were also shot dead. Hence, the mob got angry.

The above pic is a small snap among the events that occured there. They also set fires to Buses, Cars, public Properties etc.

Today, AKHIL GOGOI was arrested from a meeting on the PRESS CLUB without ANY WARRENT.

Lots of Organization in Assam including the ULFA is protesting against this act by the Govt. & Police. Tommorro it will be a 12 hour Assam BANDH for this event.

By Tommorro, Lots of chances are there of more RIOTS to break up in every corners of Assam regarding this.

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     25 June 2011

Originally posted by :Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
" When I saw the title, I clicked because I thought that I can know something about the silent revolution. In the absence of such information the police man, after all, is only an arm of the State. He just does what he is ordered to do. Otherwise I see only the wrath of the people the poor policeman has to face, for the sins of others.
"

Dr. MPS RAMANI, I admit my fault for not posting the whole event here beforehanded.

But one more thing.... In my entire past  Lifetime I have NOT come across ONE Policeman, who is NOT CORRUPTED & is mild in nature, to provide him with that "poor" certificate. They thinks that every Public they come across are all criminals and are their slaves. They even doesn't knows how to speak politly.

But they seems to maintain all of their politeness with every Real criminals who goes on paying them regularly, with every Bullies and Gunholders, with every Politicians etc etc. They think that the general peoples are their Slaves to stamp on.

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     25 June 2011

Dipangkar please do not equate gunholders with bullies. It is unfair. So many law abiding citizens keep guns for their self defense. They are certainly not bullies or criminals. Please understand that it is because all citizens are not gunholders that is why police feels that they are the masters and people who have been disarmed are their slaves. In the above protests, could the police have dared to fire on the peaceful citizens if they had been equally armed?

This is the reason why americans can assemble peaceably with arms. American Constitution has no problem with it, since it trusts its citizens. How many incidents have taken place in USA when people had assembled peaceably with arms and police dared to fire on them?

Our Constitution(Article 19(1)b suspects its own citizens if they assemble with arms. What a irony!  A Constitution of the people, by the people, for the people, does not trust its own people! Constitution trusts the police and not the people!

Criminals want their victims unarmed, dictators want their subjects disarmed, what does our government want?

Don't let our sacred right to keep and bear arms be subverted under any excuse. It alone offers the capacity to ensure that all other rights are respected and you live without fear: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/RKBA-guaranteed-under-Articles-19-and-21-of-Constitution-36011.asp

‘‘Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined’’— Patrick Henry

‘‘...for it is a truth, which the experience of all ages has attested, that the people are commonly most in danger when the means of insuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion.’’— Alexander Hamilton

”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”~George Washington

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

“Liberty is to the collective body, what health is to every individual body. Without health no pleasure can be tasted by man; without liberty, no happiness can be enjoyed by society.”-Thomas Jefferson

"When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty!"-Thomas Jefferson

2 Like

(Guest)

"When injustice becomes law, then Rebellion becomes duty!"-Thomas Jefferson
Great quote

1 Like

(Guest)

@DIPANGKAR - sounds similar to what mayawati is doing

Dipangkar (Business)     07 July 2011

Quoting  :Yahoo ! News
"

State biggest land grabber, says Supreme Court

New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) The Supreme Court Tuesday said that the state was the biggest land grabber, depriving farmers of their livelihood for generations.

By taking advantage of the land acquisition law, the state was helping the builders. 'It is anti-people,' the court said.

The apex court bench of Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice A.K. Ganguly said that farmers' lands were being acquired in the name of public interest and being given to builders to construct luxury houses, which had nothing to do with the requirement of the common man.

The court made the comment during the hearing on a batch of petitions by a number of builders challenging the Allahabad High Court verdict that quashed the takeover of land in three villages of Shahberi, Surajpur and Gulistanpur in Uttar Pradesh's Greater Noida district.

The land was taken over by invoking emergency provisions of the Land Acquisition Act by changing the land use from industrial to residential.

Justice Singhvi said farmers deprived of livelihood after the acquisition of their lands were left with two options - either to live in slums or to take recourse to criminal activities which we get to witness every day.

When senior counsel P.P. Rao appearing for one of the builders said that farmers' lands were acquired for public purposes, Justice Ganguly wondered whether the houses being built by 'reputed builders' were meant for the common man and to satisfy their needs.

Referring to the broachures of the builder represented by Rao, Justice Ganguly said that you have promised to provide swimming pool, ayurdevic massage parlour and spa, health club, badminton court and commercial centre. Are these meant for the common man?

When Rao referred to the public purpose as defined under the Land Acquisition Act, Justice Ganguly asked the counsel to forget what was said in the statute but go by how Mahatma Gandhi had described the common man and the spirit of the same enshrined in the constitution.

Justice Singhvi noted that not only the land use was changed from industrial to residential but the builders were given 10 years' time to pay the amount that they had bid for buying the lands.

Justice Singhvi said that on the other hand farmers whose lands were acquired would have to either accept the paltry compensation or engage in decades of litigation to secure their rights.

In the instant case, farmers whose land was acquired were paid a compensation of about Rs.800 per square yard whereas it was sold to builders for Rs.10,000 per square metre.

The hearing would continue Wednesday.

"

About time, the Govt stops blaming poor Indians for protesting for their lands to stay in their own country, and Bloody police too should learn the A-B-C-D of their Laws.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 July 2011

Rahul Gandhi sees this as an opportunity to stage a come back in UP. As a Prime Minister in waiting and son of the remote control in congress what action did he initiate to amend or repeal the Land Acquisition Act?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register