LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUMIT SETH (Sales Manager)     22 June 2011

Full and Final Settlement is delayed

I was working with METLIFE INDIA as sales Manager. I resigned from company on 2nd May 2011 with notice of 30 days , so my LWD was 2nd June 2011.

I have not received my F & F amount so far. I have written mails to regional HR as well as payroll team, they are telling me F & F amount will come to you after 90 days of Last Working Day.

But as some of my friend told me as per labour rules a company is bound to pay F&F within 1 week after notice completion..

Is there any such rule regarding F&F early settlement. please provide me complete law section and rule so that i can send that notice to my company.

Regards,

Sumit Seth

Delhi

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 June 2011

F&F should come to you within 30days.

You have mentioned in your post that " I have written mails to regional HR as well as payroll team, they are telling me F & F amount will come to you after 90 days of Last Working Day."

Has company stated so in writing?

SUMIT SETH (Sales Manager)     22 June 2011

They have sent the following mail to me :-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Dear Ex-employee,

This message comes from MetLife Payroll team to inform you that Agency & BABP Incentive clawback policy as been introduced effective January 2010. Any incentive arising out of cancellation - free look cancellation /due to any post policy issuance service issue / cancellation due to RCU /other adverse findings, will lead to incentive recovery.

Our MIS team will provide us the incentive recovery input on a monthly basis. In order to accommodate the incentive recovery from employee's settlement, payroll team will initiate F&F settlement process for employees (who have earned incentive) after 90days from the LWD.

Please write to india_exithelp.com if in case of any clarification reqd.

Warm Regards,
Payroll team
MetLife India Insurance Company Ltd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now pls let me know what i do.

HDFC Is not paying my PF, and Metlife is not paying my F&F.
Where i go?

Regards,

Sumit Seth

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 June 2011

Be smart and negotiate with Metlife.

Your LWD is 02.06.2011

You have your log in/MIS data with you and you also have the incentive policy of the company. You have the details of incentives, if any, earned by you. Your company must have disbursed incentives to you, along with your pay in your pay slip.

If it suits you, you can write a gentle communication, to your company's HR -Head, appointing authority, Company Secretary, about each policy logged in by you which has fetched you incentive payouts, from March 2011, and can ask them to block incentives if any, earned by you from month of April 2011,since 90 days from April shall end by end of June 2011, and to pay you the balance amounts at once within one month from your LWD. You can mention that you are in urgent need of funds and can not wait for 90 days, for all earned wages, due to be paid to you

Your company has stated that "Our MIS team will provide us the incentive recovery input on a monthly basis. In order to accommodate the incentive recovery from employee's settlement".

Hence the MIS team must have released the data for March, April, and May 2011 by now.

If there is any recovery suggested from you, they must have compiled it by now.

If all policies logged in by you, have been inforced and have been delivered to the customer, and their free look period is over, and there is no issue reported for these then company  can not block the payments of your wages.

Since all these details are with you, you alone can respond in the best manner.

You can avail the help of your colleagues and your reporting authority.

For PF, you can take action, which suits you most. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register