Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laxmi Soujanya (NA)     20 June 2011

Need help about surname change after marriage

Hello,

I have got my marriage registered and in the marriage certificate, my surname is not written as my husband's. Its my father's. Now if i have to change my surname in any bank documents, legal documents, I am not able to change it as they say that in marriage certificate, my surname is not changed to that of my husband's. Can some on help me if the marriage certificate was issued incorrectly and if i have to request for a new certificate with the surname change.

Thanks,

Laxmi

Learning

5 Replies

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     20 June 2011

You can change your name by giving an notice in two local news papers to that effect, after that you can get it notified in the govt. gazzate at distt. commissioner office of your distt. After that you can use your new name as per your husbands surname.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 June 2011

@ Author

Kindly donot panic.

Follow the official guidelines mentioned in annexed official document.

Attached File : 85555 188085 34 guidelines for change of name of majors.pdf downloaded: 302 times

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     20 June 2011

if your husband surname write in marriage certificate in that time after marriage your husband's surname is your surname it's simple. 

Self service (None)     24 June 2011

Your case is simple, nothing wrong in marriage certificate that is also correct. You can apply PAN card with new surname and reason change due to marriage as per guidelines and based on that you can open new accounts and take id.

What you are doing is normal yu don't need to go for lawyer as your are not changing name - your change is due to marriage and marriage certificate that you are married to specific person is good enough along with afidavit in some cases.

Self service (None)     24 June 2011

Bharat kumar advice is correct - marrige certificate is sufficent. I have seen many working ladies just changing surname based on marriage certifcate.

Apply PAN here https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html or just contact any PAN agent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register