LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddhartha (Student)     17 June 2011

Passport Application Issue

I Have my GRE exam on 6th july, 2011 for which the Passport is the only Identity.

I went to the passport office at shimla around 3 months ago. Since My permanent address is in bangalore and I study in Himachal Pradesh (HP being my present address), by rules i was supposed to get my passport done at Shimla (RPO).

I furnished all my documents (Including the extra ones for my different addresses) but it got delayed in the process and hence I opted for tatkal passport.

I read on the site that tatkal requires certain documents, mainly Proof of conduct(Verification) and annexeure I. I got my proof of conduct from Bangalore (General Manger of a PSU - BHEL ) since my father works there.

Present Situation: The RPO at shimla, accepted my application for Normal (NON-Tatkal) passport. They said my PHOTO on Verification does not match my application photo, hence I cannot apply for tatkal with THAT verification certificate as the photograph is different from the application.

I Do not have the same photograph that I used on the application form. But I HAVE EXTRA photographs that was used for the verification.

My Question:

What are my options for doing it in TATKAL scheme?

Can I withdraw my application at the RPO, put in the photographs that matches with my verification and submit it again? If so, what is the procudure?

P.S: If I dont get it in tatkal scheme, I will not be allowed to write GRE on the date given above as I wont have passport.

Learning

2 Replies

Arvina biju (Service)     23 June 2011

if ur police verification is complete and positive, u can approach the passport officer in shimla along with the GRE hall ticket and request for issue of passport. U will get your passport on the next day. pl meet the officer personally and do not go through agent s as they tend to mislead individuals.

1 Like

(Guest)

Why police verification is made mandatory when a person provides all the requisite proofs namely address proof, Identity proof  which can be verified electronically , throufg telephone , through panchayats , municipality reps and such other agencies. We must get read of such colonial rules meant only to harass and has become a tool to the police forces to extract bribes.

Can we have a healthy debate in this forum on this issue?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register