Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHAAN....... (Freelancer)     04 January 2009

Reply for Evidence.....

Hi!

I am having a Case going on Consumer Court for last one year. I purchased the parts of computer from a local shopkeeper the parts are U.P.S , Mother Board & Processor. The U.P.S. is creating problem ever since i purchased it. When i take it to shopkeeper for getting repaired, he placed that in his shop for weeks & did not send it anywhere for warranty. When i went to his shop he returned it back saying that the fault has been moved but it wasn't removed. He done this to me twice. The shopkeeper denied me to provide the warranty of U.P.S & other products . Then after that i filed a case against him in consumer court . Now , after a long time the Case is in 'Reply for Evidence' state. In the opposite party reply they submitted the printed copies of there reply one is given to me & one for court . In that reply they mention the objections against my complaint and write that i was telling cock & bull story & i don't have the write to complaint  & i was complaining for the sake of getting the money from there client.

Now , I want to ask my further step for Reply for Evidence day . Should i write printed
letter in there reply for there objection or i shuold submit the proof that in have as evidence. I have an affidavit of  my friend in which he had mentioned the cheating he has done with him also & his statement which mention that he didn't send the UPS for warranty any where.

Learning

5 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     05 January 2009

Yes Mr. Shaan,

You can submit your Evidence/Statement in Chief Examinaion as an AFFIDAVIT, Printed Paper before the court. 

Further, you can either produce your friend befor the court in support of case, Or you can submit Affidavit of your friend in support.

Furthermore, you can produce and submit, any documentary proof, if you are having.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     05 January 2009

In fact now you have to submit evidence to prove your case. The evidence should be your affidavit in the form of Exam in chief. Better to refer to the purchase receipt of UPS in that affidavit. You can also file affidavit of your friend to support your case. If there is written correspondence about the dispute, you may produce that also.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     05 January 2009

I do agree with both opinions.

Ravi Arora (Advocate)     05 January 2009

very right said by mr. aejaz and palnitkar

i do agree

SHAAN....... (Freelancer)     05 January 2009

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register