LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S (MD)     02 June 2011

Adultrous wife, extorting money

Marrried in 1991, have a 18+ daughter.  In 2008 I found she was having extra-marital affairs. I have email & phone records of 2 affairs since 2008.  She wants to extract money from me by harassing me - she filed false cases against my company (but no divorce case).  She knows that I travel abroad 4 months/year and am peace-loving. 

The residence apartment is in my name.  We have another house (rented-out) and my mother's apartment, where I had included wife's name at the time of property registration, although all money was paid from my bank account.  

Now I have come to know the address where my wife makes-out with current her boyfriend, sometimes whole nights. The man is also married but stays away from his wife.  A lawyer suggests to get firm evidence and file a case of ADULTRY. 

Question:- How do I collect solid evidence of her adultrous affair.  Who will help me?  Should I approach local police-SHO, Crime branch... or whom else will help me. The operation has to be meticulous and swift, since there won't be a second chance.  

Please help me get peace back in life.   Feel free to write to me for any other details.  

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Can you give details of what cases have been filed against your company? Also, how will it help those cases to prove that your wife is adultrous?

(Guest)

"A lawyer suggests to get firm evidence and file a case of ADULTRY. "

what could be the motive of this lawyer in giving this advice? did he mean file for divorce? Proving that your wife is adultrous, that too in s separately filed case, may not not weaken the existing cases against your company - that's just my opinion and I'm not a lawyer. I dont think any professional lawyer will give you such advice. Litigation is not a joke...

(Guest)

What  could be motive

--SIMPLE GET ADUULTOROUS WIFE CONVICTED

S (MD)     02 June 2011

The Indian legal system, by virtue of being slow, allows 'Legal terrorism'. One can harass the other by filing false complaints/cases against another. The actual objective of such cases is to extort.

In 2003, I incorporated a Pvt.Ltd. company and put 10% shares in my wife's name, since relations between us were good. In 2007, my CA suggested to increase the paid-up capital to the Authorised capital. So I paid the money from my account and my share became 95% (wife signed the allottment papers)

On 31/3/10, we made a settlement since my wife wanted to seperate-out. She made us seperate our personal accounts - I signed-out of her savings and proprietorship firm current account (and she from mine). Same time, she transfered her shares to my father's name and total share value of Rs.10,000 was transfered from my father's to her savings bank account in April'10.

Now she'd filed a case of Mis-management before CLB, stating that none of the signatures from 2007 onwards are hers and she's a 10% shareholder of the company. I have submitted all her original signed papers to Crime branch bearing her signatues (original allottment letter of 2007, signed balance sheets by her of FY 2008-09 and 2009-10, her resignation letter of 31/3/10... several other papers - all these were also filed properly on MCA website on-time.

She is banking on 2 things to win the case :-

1. Her cousin brother (a doctor) has very good relations with police officials. This is what scares me, they can manipulate/destroy evidence. There is no news from FSL where Crime branch send papers since last 6 months - I hope thay don't make the originals disappear !

2. In May'10 (I was abroad for a month), she broke into my study and stole some comany files (including Minute book of Directors's meetings, share transfer deeds...).

The company has no income since last 2 years and is accumulating losses, but owns a land & building in Gurgaon. The share capital is only Rs.2 lakhs. 90% of the funding of the company is done by an un-secured interest-free loan from my savings account since inception.

S (MD)     02 June 2011

Its not easy to get a divorce.  If Adultry is proved, divorce should then be  easy and without much alimony.

Adultry would also show the motive behind the case in CLB.

Can some lawyers please advise.  

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 June 2011

@ Author 

1. Hire a prof. detective on his letter head (contract ) and he will bring evidences in your favour. 
However finding the Mr. Right is tricky for which do your own due delegence. 
2. Once video / pict. of such relationship secured via para 1 retain original media and using copied media file divorce and criminal cases which will later help in your CLB case. 
However for married wife's in India adultry is allowed and only relief you will get is in alimony if proved along with load off from her CLB case. 

(Guest)

I'd now suggest that you follow up with crime branch. Make sure your documents have not been compromised.  Also, evaluate the assets she can get if she wins the case, vs the cost of litigation and hiring a detective.

revolutionary (NA)     02 June 2011

So that means even knowing that the wife is cheating there is nothing can be done. Her emails and chat records would not constitute as evidence is that correct?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register